Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Floorboard & a/c wet. NO SUNROOF

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2020, 08:50 PM
Default Floorboard & a/c wet. NO SUNROOF

So I just purchased a 2008 Alpha H3. We just had rain last weekend. My daughter took the H3 late that night AFTER it stopped raining. She told me the next day the floorboard on passenger side was wet. As I said "I DO NOT HAVE A SUN ROOF". I inspected the floor and a/c box, both were wet. I pulled the cowl and cover in front of the windshield off to inspect it. Completely clean. I took a 32oz cup of water and poured it in the middle of the opening, Water drained from both sides. Checked the a/c. box and carpet again and water was dripping. I cannot see the entire passenger side cowl opening because there is metal covering it from the frame. Is the fresh air intake under the passenger side? I am stumped and just short of cutting the metal out to see where it is leaking. Also the previous own had the same problem because someone put duct tape and some form of sealer all over the a/c box. It also appears a Saran Wrap was used to cover the cowl. There is still remnants of it on there.

Old 12-14-2020, 09:01 PM

Post pictures.

Old 12-15-2020, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator

Wait, do you have a sunroof?

Sounds like a prior owner did or had a poor repair attempt of some kind made. Might have been a heater core replacement??? Are you sure the windshield is sealed at the bottom? Sometime glass companies send out kids to do a man's job.

Anyways, your problem is not common at all. I would suggest trying to remove all the duct tape, sealer, and plastic to see what is happening.

Good luck!

Old 12-15-2020, 03:34 PM

No way it can be from the windshield not sealed properly. I poured the water directly into the open cowl.

Old 12-15-2020, 06:08 PM

Plus 1 on Doc Olds suggestions. Obvious places are heater core, windshield, and I would offer check with who your child was riding with maybe somenes water bottle spilled...

Good luck.

Old 12-15-2020, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by wpage
Plus 1 on Doc Olds suggestions. Obvious places are heater core, windshield, and I would offer check with who your child was riding with maybe somenes water bottle spilled...

Good luck.
Really my child. And it is not the heater core or windshield. You did not read what I posted.

Old 12-15-2020, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Wait, do you have a sunroof?

Sounds like a prior owner did or had a poor repair attempt of some kind made. Might have been a heater core replacement??? Are you sure the windshield is sealed at the bottom? Sometime glass companies send out kids to do a man's job.

Anyways, your problem is not common at all. I would suggest trying to remove all the duct tape, sealer, and plastic to see what is happening.

Good luck!
You didn't read my post. I do NOT have a sunroof. I poured water DIRECTLY into the cowl opening, not off the windshield or any other place on the vehicle.

Old 12-15-2020, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Thatsgr8
You didn't read my post. I do NOT have a sunroof. I poured water DIRECTLY into the cowl opening, not off the windshield or any other place on the vehicle.
You didn't read my post! Post pictures.

Old 12-15-2020, 07:20 PM

Old 12-15-2020, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
You didn't read my post! Post pictures.
pics posted.

Quick Reply: Floorboard & a/c wet. NO SUNROOF