Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   Hummer H3 (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h3-17/)
-   -   Flickering NAV screen.. (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h3-17/flickering-nav-screen-24593/)

Pauldy 07-12-2011 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tram (Post 253829)
Well, I pulled the negative on the battery.. Still flickering.. I need to see if this thing is still under warranty.

I would look into getting your NAV unit out to just to take a look at the system. In my quest to figure out how to maximize the use of my nav unit in my h2 I noticed a ribbon cable that connects the unit to the LCD I could easily see coming loose.

tuffenuff 07-12-2011 03:46 PM

I have 08 H3 and has the exactly same problem except black screen. It does flicker once in a while. I had my whole NAV unit replaced (not just because of the flickering tho.) a month ago but still has the problem. This means that it might not be a problem of NAV unit itself. Could be something else.

Tram 07-16-2011 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by tuffenuff (Post 253945)
I have 08 H3 and has the exactly same problem except black screen. It does flicker once in a while. I had my whole NAV unit replaced (not just because of the flickering tho.) a month ago but still has the problem. This means that it might not be a problem of NAV unit itself. Could be something else.

Yeh, I noticed tonight that if I bang on the dash, it effects the display.. I'm gonna pull it out and check it out..

Anyone know if there is a 800 number I can call to find out about my warranty?

3hummers 07-18-2011 12:30 AM

I am sure Peggy has an 800 number for you.

Tram 07-18-2011 02:50 AM

LOL.. Is this person legit? I just saw them over at CHO as well..

Looks like I may have to buy a new nav unit. I mean, I'm at 38,XXX miles, so I don't think I have any warranty left on my radio. I may still have some of the 5 year/100,000 left, but just barely if any.

Been looking at the Pioneer X930BT..

Muddydawg75 07-18-2011 03:03 AM

You're probably better off getting one of the latest and greatest new Nav systems....

GMCustomerService 07-19-2011 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Tram (Post 254267)
Yeh, I noticed tonight that if I bang on the dash, it effects the display.. I'm gonna pull it out and check it out..

Anyone know if there is a 800 number I can call to find out about my warranty?

You can contact HUMMER Customer Assistance Center (CAC) at 1-800-732-5493 for more warranty information. The hours of operation are Mon to Sat, 8am to 9pm ET; Closed Sunday. I can also look into this for you with your VIN. Please feel free to keep me posted either way. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Muddydawg75 07-19-2011 09:34 AM

funny thing is... I called that number once... when I bought my second H2 and it didn't come with a Nav disc....

it took blackmail to get my disc... they filled out my loan paperwork on the wrong form... it had a revision... so they couldn't get paid... I refused to sign the new forms and let them know that I would be dropping off the vehicle....

I had my disc overnighted.... amazing...

wfturner 07-27-2011 09:16 AM

Aside from all this "Peggy" talk, lets get serious.

Has anyone figured out the main cause of the LCD flickering ??
My nav unit in my 07 H3, started flickering just the other day. Everything else works fine
I pulled the panel and removed the head unit and reconnected all the connectors on the back.
Unit is back in and it is not flickering,YET.
I can't believe that would fix this problem. And from what I read, it may not even be the head unit.
In case anyone asks, battery cables are tight and working.
And I don't have green headlights, yes, I been reading those posts
Thanks

Tram 07-27-2011 09:36 AM

Mine comes on flickering, then goes black shortly there after. The other night it stopped for a little while, but it's back..

I wish I could get it fixed, but the more I look at the features, the more I'm thinking I'm just going to buy a Pioneer x-90bt..