PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical problems from rain...

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 10:47 AM

I know thi sdosent help, but so glad I dont have a sunroof, which just happened by chance buying used.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:59 PM

!, I'D rather have water to deal with than loose my "skylight"!
Remember you can solve the leak permanetly by pulling the roof fuse and adding 4 strips of duct tape!,and still see out.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:31 AM

For others having electrical probs not necessarily related to water but having Bermuda Triangular electronic sporadic issues try the old catch all....take both cables off the battery and go have a pizza...come back and hook them back up and the internal computer resets..a hard reset if you will. At least in my case it worked like a charm! Long live the H3T! Love my truck. SDS

Old 04-07-2013, 08:06 AM

Hey Everyone! I have the same issue. I have had my H3 for about 10 months. I had a little leak everytime it rained and and no issues besides the wet floor board at drivers feet. Then my son was home on leave once and opened the sun roof and now it gets water worse. I did figure out how to get the roof close properly with no more water but i have the issue where the water as it rains is not draining properly and collects at the driver floor board. I normlly just push the water out and drive to work. However, the last few weeks it has started to not start at all. looks like the battery is good and everying thing seems to have power. Just will not start and not crank noise. Not like any other car i have owned. First time it cost me a tow to the dealership and a new battery. These guys didn't check anything. It just dried out and started and they put a new battery in. One week later same thing. I wet dry vaccumed the floor board and let sit for a day and still does not start. So my main questions are what is the BCM and TCM or TCCM? Can anyone recommend a good electronic manaual on these H3 hummers so I can start to become an expert? It looks like we don't have any local talent on Hummer in my area. Closes place is 1.5 hours way in Charlotte, NC. Help Please! TIA!

Old 04-07-2013, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by shooter25
Hey Everyone! I have the same issue. I have had my H3 for about 10 months. I had a little leak everytime it rained and and no issues besides the wet floor board at drivers feet. Then my son was home on leave once and opened the sun roof and now it gets water worse. I did figure out how to get the roof close properly with no more water but i have the issue where the water as it rains is not draining properly and collects at the driver floor board. I normlly just push the water out and drive to work. However, the last few weeks it has started to not start at all. looks like the battery is good and everying thing seems to have power. Just will not start and not crank noise. Not like any other car i have owned. First time it cost me a tow to the dealership and a new battery. These guys didn't check anything. It just dried out and started and they put a new battery in. One week later same thing. I wet dry vaccumed the floor board and let sit for a day and still does not start. So my main questions are what is the BCM and TCM or TCCM? Can anyone recommend a good electronic manaual on these H3 hummers so I can start to become an expert? It looks like we don't have any local talent on Hummer in my area. Closes place is 1.5 hours way in Charlotte, NC. Help Please! TIA!
If your problem IS the BCM, and it's due to moisture from a leaking sunroof, then becoming an electrical expert will only cure the symptoms and not the cause. You need to fix your leak problem. Read this.
https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...n-tubes-28548/

Old 04-07-2013, 10:17 AM
Default Bcm & tcm / tccm

Thanks Broken Halo for the information and write up! I understand the cause of the problem being the leak. I'm not really sure how to get the parts off to expose the hoses. I'm charging my battery now. It's at 75% but still will not crank over yet. I'll have to look into getting to the hoses but right now i need this thing running. What does BCM and TCM stand for anyway? Nice to know proper parts names.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:54 AM

check the gaskets on the cab lights in the center of the truck. All 3 of the ones on my truck were rotten and letting water in and it moves around in the head liner and shows up all over the place on the dash. I replaced the gaskets and the water problems went away

Old 06-20-2013, 11:37 AM
Angry Same issues with my H3

I am having the same issues and General Motors was no help. I have had so many problems with this vehicle since I bought it in November 2008. I have had to replace the radiator, replace the rack and pinion, replace the sunroof motor, had the drain tubes for sunroof replaced. Well on June 6 we had this really heavy rain and water started coming in my car. I called GM to find out about this since I had already had the drains replaced previously. They told me to ofcourse take to the dealer. The water had gotten all over my floorboard, water coming through my onstar speaker, in the back where the seatbelts come out of the side of the vehicle everything covered in water.

I made the trip to the dealer on June 7 had to pay to have them look at the vehicle and they told me that the drain tube had came loose. I paid to have that replaced again, now I am stuck with a car that smells like a wet dog, the speakers don't work, my driverside door locks on its own now and you guessed it no help from General Motors. They pretty much told me when you bought the car it was out of warranty. I bought the car with 42,000 miles on it and now it has 61,000 miles I have only owned it for 18 months and I do have the extended warranty but none of the water issues is covered by it.

Might I had I have a small child that is allergic to mildew and mold and she can't even right in the car because she can't breath due to it causing an asthma attack. I guess General Motors don't care about the well being of kids just about selling their cars.

If anyone has any luck getting answers from General Motors please let me know.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by jackieb3301
I made the trip to the dealer on June 7 had to pay to have them look at the vehicle and they told me that the drain tube had came loose. I paid to have that replaced again, now I am stuck with a car that smells like a wet dog, the speakers don't work, my driverside door locks on its own now and you guessed it no help from General Motors.
I hate to tell you but your problems are still not over. I can guarantee that GM replaced your drain hoses with the same ones that are creating the problem. Unless you do the modification to them (see my thread: https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...n-tubes-28548/) you're going to eventually run into the same situation where they get clogged and drain into the interior.

Old 07-01-2013, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by jackieb3301
the speakers don't work
I have had an ongoing issue where my speakers would stop working every time it rains. If it dried out for a couple days some of the speakers would come back on. I took it to a car audio place and they said both front door speakers had water damage and the head unit was bad. They could not see any rust or water damage to the head unit or in the dash board area. I do have a sun roof, but I have never had any water leak inside the car, never on the carpets, seats, floor boards, on-star mic, sun roof, nothing. Is it possible that some how the head unit got water damage? I have tried spraying a hose over the car for over 10 minutes and the speakers never go out, it's only when it rains. I'm worried that my new speakers and head unit are going to be damaged again by rain. I am really at a loss as to why the rain makes the speakers go out as I can never find any water any where on the inside of the car! I have tested the drain tubes in the sun roof by pouring water in them and they seem to be draining properly, never see any leaks inside during the test. PLEASE HELP! It happens every time it rains so it seems like it's too much to be a coincidence and the head unit didn't just go bad from being old.

Quick Reply: Electrical problems from rain...