Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Ed's06h3 hummer build

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Ed's06h3
The mount came with extinguisher (purchase from lowes) kiddle fire extinguisher
I wouldn't want to be sitting in a passenger position if you get into an accident. That thing will become a missile!

I made a custom mount out of aluminum 'C' channel and mounted it to the driver's seat (see link below). Easy to get to quickly, moves with seat adjustment and safer in a collision.
https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...15/#post233291
Just noticed your flashlight mount too......guess you'll be taking out the driver as well.

Last edited by Broken Halo; 11-14-2012 at 05:53 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
I wouldn't want to be sitting in a passenger position if you get into an accident. That thing will become a missile!

I made a custom mount out of aluminum 'C' channel and mounted it to the driver's seat (see link below). Easy to get to quickly, moves with seat adjustment and safer in a collision.
https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...15/#post233291
Just noticed your flashlight mount too......guess you'll be taking out the driver as well.
Yeah i thought the same thing when i first installed the extinguisher & flashlight.....i was thinking of doing something like that (custom mount) but i just drilled a couple of holes & bolted down the extinguisher (removed the interior panel to do it). Its really secured & not going any where (did the same with the flash-light mounts).

Old 11-14-2012, 12:33 PM

Its really secured & not going any where (did the same with the flash-light mounts).
It might feel 'secure' but it's still only as strong as plastic. Those fasteners will pull out of there easily in a collision. Actually, the extinguisher will more than likely break free of it's holder before the holder will shear off the trim panel. Your choice, just trying to help you prevent a possible catastrophe.

Last edited by Broken Halo; 11-14-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:00 PM

Thanks man (Broken Halo) im not taking your advice bad in any way......im actually going to do a mount like you have in your hummer (its really a nice set-up)....

Old 11-14-2012, 01:29 PM

All of your mods so far look great.
I'm not a fan of exhaust tips (seen many crushed on the trail) and the nerfs have got to GO, but I see you have plans for rock rails.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:29 PM

Thanks! I'll be looking to pick one up soon. I don't think the front seat mount would work for me because I don't have power seats.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:32 PM

What navigation system is that?

Old 11-20-2012, 01:50 PM

I was cleaning out my garage today and found some items that i completely forgot about. (minor mods)

chrome side marker covers

plastidip (markers)

Foldable shovel i decided to mount it here (used a couple of quickfists mounts)

Old 11-20-2012, 02:39 PM

I was cleaning out my garage today and found some items that i completely forgot about. (minor mods)

Foldable shovel i decided to mount it here (used a couple of quickfists mounts)

JUST KEEP ADD'N THAT SHRAPNEL!

Old 11-20-2012, 05:15 PM

You are making it look phenomenal. However, I have to agree with Broken Halo that some of the items look great but could cause major bodily harm if involved in an accident.
Somehow there has to be a way to achieve your visual goal and keep it safe.

Quick Reply: Ed's06h3 hummer build