Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Did something stupid. Fried my TPS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2022, 12:06 PM
Zco
Default Did something stupid. Fried my TPS?

Finally got the H3 back and had some parts waiting to install, one of them being a pedal commander. I really liked how the pedal commander awakened my 4runner, so I ordered one for the H3. At least I thought it was for the H3. Turns out it was the same model (PC07) but was programmed for a RAM. Got it all hooked up and immediately threw a CEL and 3 codes related to TPS as well as the stab system reduced power warning. Disconnected the pedal commander and cleared the CEL and everything went away. But about 15 mins into driving the Traction Failed Service System warning came on (not the reduced power this time). Have it sitting out with the battery unhooked to hopefully clear that, but I am thinking I might have fried the sensor on the pedal itself. Anyone have any ideas?

Also I guess I never posted a pic, so here's the beast that is currently draining my wallet!

I really do like it a lot and will be happy when it's stable.

Old 04-06-2022, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

A Pedal Commander doesn't do squat. It just makes the Fly By Wire Throttle respond quicker to accelerator pedal input. Your brain controls your foot, use your brain to have your foot push the pedal earlier and you get the same result.

Another way to accomplish that without the work around, is have your Throttle Body polished by SuperModulation or others that provide performance Throttle Body service.

Unhooking your battery is not going to do anything either, your H3 stores the last 300 ignition cycles power or no power.

Traction Failed can be caused by a bunch of different things, scan it and post the code(s).

Old 04-06-2022, 11:59 AM
Zco

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
A Pedal Commander doesn't do squat. It just makes the Fly By Wire Throttle respond quicker to accelerator pedal input. Your brain controls your foot, use your brain to have your foot push the pedal earlier and you get the same result.

Another way to accomplish that without the work around, is have your Throttle Body polished by SuperModulation or others that provide performance Throttle Body service.

Unhooking your battery is not going to do anything either, your H3 stores the last 300 ignition cycles power or no power.

Traction Failed can be caused by a bunch of different things, scan it and post the code(s).
Thanks Doc, it actually went away after removing the Pedal Commander. I am emailing with their support to see if there is something else wrong with this unit. They actually did confirm that it should be compatible with the H3.