Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   Hummer H3 (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h3-17/)
-   -   Dealers Honoring Hummer.... (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h3-17/dealers-honoring-hummer-26507/)

skeptic 01-06-2012 09:22 AM

It seems like Cadillac dealerships are a better option than Chevy/GMC. The one I go to is a Chevy/Cadillac dealership and they do their Hummer work on the Caddy side. I could be completely wrong on this, but just seems like most of the "I get great service from my dealer" comments refer to Cadillac shops.

DallaSStx 01-07-2012 01:00 PM

Sewell Cadillac in Dallas has handled my H3T service... courtesy car wash and vacuum with every service... and a loan car... a Cadillac CTS. Highly recommended !

skeptic 01-07-2012 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by DallaSStx (Post 268648)
Sewell Cadillac in Dallas has handled my H3T service... courtesy car wash and vacuum with every service... and a loan car... a Cadillac CTS. Highly recommended !

Exactly what happened with my last visit. Car wash, vacuumed out, and I drove a CTS for a couple days. They even talked saved me $110 on a new windshield. They don't do windshields, but they have a mobile come in for that. This company quoted the dealer $300. Another place quoted me $197. I told the dealer this, then told them to have them do it anyway 'cause it was really bad, rapidly growing crack right through my field of view, and right before Xmas so it would have been a week or two before I could get it fixed. Dealership called me back and told me they got this place to price match at $190 'cause I was going to take it elsewhere if they didn't.

humding 01-31-2012 06:50 PM

East hills Chevy is douglaston queens ny is the worst dealer fed up my hole truck water inside sunroof get stuck wind vent on sunroof missing new steering rack a month later maybe less it's broken stripped screws inside scratched handles general motors is not helping. East hills said they were certified to work on the truck so Im at a stand still,just cursed out the district guy for gm. I give up

humding 01-31-2012 06:50 PM

Didn't know we're to post sorry

TAINTER 01-31-2012 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by humding (Post 270848)
East hills Chevy is douglaston queens ny is the worst dealer fed up my hole truck water inside sunroof get stuck wind vent on sunroof missing new steering rack a month later maybe less it's broken stripped screws inside scratched handles general motors is not helping. East hills said they were certified to work on the truck so Im at a stand still,just cursed out the district guy for gm. I give up

humding, post up your own thread and ask for suggestions on where to take your HUMMER for service in your area. Oh, please try to use a peroid or punctuation in your posts. It was very hard to decipher what you where trying to say.:D

Broken Halo 02-01-2012 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER (Post 270887)
Oh, please try to use a peroid or punctuation in your posts. It was very hard to decipher what you where trying to say.:D

I thought drtom was back!....:D:rolleyes:

Songman 02-01-2012 08:51 AM

Don Ledford Cadillac in Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Buick GMC Cadillac Chevrolet dealer in Cleveland Tennessee - New and Used Buick GMC Cadillac Chevrolet dealership Dalton Hixson Ringgold Tennessee) has done warranty work on my H3 several times in the past year. Even though I live in Houston, TX, I still go home to North GA and have them take care of my Hummer. Just a few weeks ago they did the repair when my climate control fan control went out. Even though it is not covered under warranty, they helped me work through 1-866-HUMMERS and got it fixed as some kind of customer loyalty deal. Didn't cost me a penny. The service manager, Ken Stegall, really goes above and beyond.

I'm fairly new to Houston so even though there are GM dealers closer that will work on the Hummer, it is worth it to me to stick with a good one that I know.. and they know me. Plus, it gives me an excuse to take the truck to North GA and play in the woods!

BLACKH3T 02-01-2012 02:32 PM

Sounds like the majority get our work done at Cadillac dealers. Mine goes to Don Thorton Cadillac in Tulsa, OK. Always excellent work, always a free wash no matter why I'm in there. Free loaner had a CTS once and a H3 another time.

RKSmith163 02-01-2012 02:46 PM

Flow Cadillac in Winston-Salem NC has done well by me. It is a 2hr. drive but still is my closest authorized dealer according to Hummer.com. Some of my local Chevy/GMC dealers have done some small warranty work for me and did a good job. I just make it a "get out of town day" and try to enjoy it. I feel better when a former Hummer dealer has hands on my truck. They may not be any better, but I feel more at ease. It has worked so far.