Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   Hummer H3 (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h3-17/)
-   -   Dealers Honoring Hummer.... (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h3-17/dealers-honoring-hummer-26507/)

ozark1 01-03-2012 08:07 AM

Dealers Honoring Hummer....

Are GMC dealers required ..by GM..to do work on Hummers ?. I ask...because Mark Martin...( yes..THAT Mark Martin)..has started building a new GMC/Buick/Chev. dealership about 5 miles from me. They bought out an existing dealership that could barely change oil. Have not had my H3 in for anything..28K miles..but his Ford dealership is well thought of..and does excellent work...jv

mgoblue85 01-03-2012 02:45 PM

Go to www.hummer.com (yes, this site is real) for a list of certified Hummer service centers. I have a GM dealer in my small town and they told me they "aren't certified" to work on our H3 (that was about 2 years ago). Truth is, I wouldn't buy a free cup of coffee from that dealership. Would have been nice to have the option available so close to home, however.

My wife and I also own a Ford Escape purchased from a Ford dealer about 55 miles from us. They have a great service department. I haven't taken the Hummer to them, because the dealer we bought the H3 from is about the same distance and they have a great service dept. as well.

Good luck with whatever work you need to have done.

BlueH3 01-03-2012 06:42 PM

Just went to my local Chevy and GMC dealer last week for warranty work. The Chevy dealer said no dont handle Hummers. The GMC dealer attempted and had no clue how to work on to get my parts and said we'll call you back and never did so f them. When to Cadillac and they did a great job.

ozark1 01-04-2012 07:11 AM

Hummer.com shows..Mark Martin Chevrolet..about 20 miles..as a service dealer. My H3 doesn't need any work..just like to know who is capable..Just in case. I have a local mechanic that is a wizard on about anything. If I need work..I'll try him first..

Pappibri 01-04-2012 08:04 AM

Honorees

For anyone around the Lansing, Michigan area.. Capitol Cadillac where I bought my Hummer is a certified Hummer service center. Nice place and so far they have always done me right.:)

BlueH3 01-04-2012 06:41 PM

Hummer.com also referenced the 2 worthless dealers in Rochester to service Hummers...found out the hard way stopping in. Terrible customer service. Still no call from the GMC dealer on my warranty work.....:rolleyes:

TAINTER 01-04-2012 07:33 PM

BlueH3: Where did you end up taking it?

BlueH3 01-04-2012 07:48 PM

Jim Reihl Cadillac....what a classy dealer....great service. Even washed a terribly dirty Blue H3:p

Broken Halo 01-05-2012 04:24 AM

^;):D

TAINTER 01-05-2012 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by BlueH3 (Post 268366)
Jim Reihl Cadillac....what a classy dealer....great service. Even washed a terribly dirty Blue H3:p

Kick Azz! Glad they took good care of you. Cadillac of Novi does the same wash and spot wax after a warranty service too. Good to know there is another dealer in the area that takes care of us HUMMER owners!:D