Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

ARB Bull Bar. Worth buying?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 10:25 AM

Tyler, absolutely worth buying I know a guy that has one on his H3 and the thing is beastly. I have the BA bumper combo and I thought it was serious until I saw his setup. marksteven is close, crank the torsion bars to level it out after you add the bumper up front, but I would upgrade the shocks and bump stops as well the nose dive you'll experience without them will be substaintial, unless you wanna feel like your driving a school bus.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by DAGKANA
Tyler, absolutely worth buying I know a guy that has one on his H3 and the thing is beastly. I have the BA bumper combo and I thought it was serious until I saw his setup. marksteven is close, crank the torsion bars to level it out after you add the bumper up front, but I would upgrade the shocks and bump stops as well the nose dive you'll experience without them will be substaintial, unless you wanna feel like your driving a school bus.
Thanks for clarifiying what i should have said , and yes i would get one for the front if my budget allowed. i am planning on getting the OEM brush guard for mine.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:16 PM

The ARB bull bar for the front is tough as nails. I had one on my '94 Landcruiser and never regretted it. I'd want to check out the rear though before buying one- I had a Kaymar rear bumper on the same LC that had some stress cracking in the cast sidepieces.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:06 PM

Hi ck out club hummer.com nice pict of stuff for hummer

Old 11-07-2009, 01:10 AM

I hate it, I always have hated them on any vehicle, someone can say "but it saved my truck when I hit that deer at 70" I don't care about the truck or the deer, I just think they look like crap. How come they put an antenna on the front of it. Kind of an odd place don't you think?

Old 11-07-2009, 07:50 AM

2wheel theyre an Aussie company, they don't need a reason or an explanation anymore than that! They get to do whatever they want lol

Old 02-09-2010, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Tylermp22
Great... well i'm sold on it now. Ill post the pictures when I get it put on! Im new to the off roading life and have a crap ton of questions. looking forward to hearing yall's expertise! Could someone tell me a bit more about the snorkel systems? how to make my engine compartment water proof.
Did you ever get the ARB Bull Bar? If so I'd like to see the pictures.

I thinking of getting the Deluxe Bull Bar for my H3T and I'd like to hear if anyone has installed one on an H3/H3T.

2wheelmonster - I promise I wont use the antenna mounts. I might even grind them off or maybe hang a Toyota Prius there!

I contacted ARB and they said they never weighed it but guessed the Deluxe Bull Bar weight is between 50 and 60 kg, or 110 and 132 lbs.

The big question is they only sell them in black (in the US) but every picture I can find has it painted to match the H3. So do I get it painted gray metallic to match my H3T or leave it black?

Old 02-09-2010, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Tylermp22
Hi everyone. Ive got a 2007 H3 with the offroad package. right now it is completely stock, but ive got tons of ideas to mak it an offroad MONSTER. the first thing I want to do is purchase the front and rear ARB Bull bar and wench set. Id kind of like to get some other hummer heads opinions though.
The ARB bullbar is pretty sweet! But I'd like to hear more about this "wench"?

Old 02-10-2010, 04:44 PM

If, like me, most of your wheeling is in rock, I would definitely recommend at least the rear ARB bumper. I bent the corner of my stock rear bumper and demolished the license plate... Replaced it with the ARB and now when/if I do hit some rock (which I have) I just slide over it. It is an excellent design and an easy install. Did not buy the front since I already had a brush guard/winch mount installed and winch has integral solenoid - you have to have separte solenoid/controller for bull bar...

Old 02-12-2010, 02:11 PM

Thanks for the reply.

In my case I have an H3T, so the rear bumper won't work. However, I want to upgrade my front bumper and add a winch, so the ARB Deluxe Bull Bar is looking like a good choice for the front.

One issue with the ARB Deluxe Bull Bar is they only claim it is compatible with 3 different Warn winch models with none integrated solenoid, so if you want a different winch brand your on your own.