Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Any rreason I shouldn't buy this H3?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2021, 10:51 AM
Default Any rreason I shouldn't buy this H3?

Looking to get into a H3 and have been looking. This stands out as a bargain at $6500. but I no nothing about the vehicle other than it's a Alpha, 211K, original owner. Appears to have been taken care of at least cosmetically. It's about a hour away so I haven't inspected yet.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...0460812932292/

Thought's on this?

Thanks, Lance

Old 05-18-2021, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

I do not open links, but the price is low due to miles. Is the title clean, been in an accident, and is it an Off Road?

Alphas with 110k and high options go for three times that amount.

Old 05-18-2021, 11:11 AM

The title is clean, no accidents. I didn't think the mileage is alarming considering the number I've seen in the 300K range.

Old 05-18-2021, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
I do not open links, but the price is low due to miles. Is the title clean, been in an accident, and is it an Off Road?

Alphas with 110k and high options go for three times that amount.
Doc, should the mileage scare me?

Old 05-18-2021, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

If it is well cared for, no. The info you need to consider is, when was the Trans last serviced, transfer case, diffs, all that stuff is going to have to be serviced and/or rebuilt soon. The 5.3 motors can go a lot farther. Then there are potential electrical issues that may be present with switches, ABS, T Case controls, options etc... and the radiator which buy now had to have been replaced. They are known to leak and/or crack.

If you can wrench yourself, great. If you have to pay for others to do the work, could get pricey pretty quick.

Old 05-18-2021, 11:38 AM

No Alpha badge on the swing gate, no Alpha badge on the steering wheel, no Alpha script on the headrests, no pictures of the engine.....Could this possibly NOT be an Alpha???

Old 05-18-2021, 11:40 AM

I noticed that and verified that it does indeed have the 5.3L and it does. I'm guessing it's been de-badged which I'm okay with..thought it was kinda goofy!

Old 05-18-2021, 11:43 AM

Also, the front 'bumper' on the '08's was silver not black, and those weren't the wheels that came on the '08 Alpha. Were the headrests 'de-scripted'? How did you verify???

Old 05-18-2021, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
If it is well cared for, no. The info you need to consider is, when was the Trans last serviced, transfer case, diffs, all that stuff is going to have to be serviced and/or rebuilt soon. The 5.3 motors can go a lot farther. Then there are potential electrical issues that may be present with switches, ABS, T Case controls, options etc... and the radiator which buy now had to have been replaced. They are known to leak and/or crack.

If you can wrench yourself, great. If you have to pay for others to do the work, could get pricey pretty quick.
I'm prying into the last time those items were serviced right now.

Old 05-18-2021, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
Also, the front 'bumper' on the '08's was silver not black, and those weren't the wheels that came on the '08 Alpha. Were the headrests 'de-scripted'? How did you verify???
I asked if it had the 5.3L. I haven't physically looked at it yet but may try so this afternoon.

Quick Reply: Any rreason I shouldn't buy this H3?