Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Any problems with runcool hood louvers

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 12:58 PM
Default Any problems with runcool hood louvers

Have any of you guys installed these? Any problems with water or anything? Post pictures if you’ve got them

Last edited by daniiel777; 07-25-2019 at 02:57 PM.
Old 07-25-2019, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Linking for free advertisement is never a good idea. Please clean up your post, get rid of the contact info.

1) There would never be any reason to need or use these.
2) Unless you park in a garage every day and live in a very dry climate, plan on trashing underhood electronic equipment. Just imagine 4 hours up I75 here in MI in a snow storm with salted road crud flying everywhere including right through those vents. I5 H3 alternators are a PITA to swap out.

5-10 degrees means nothing, and the H3 is designed to run at the temps it does. Your cooling system keeps the temp where it is supposed to be. They ain't and air cooled VW.

Old 07-25-2019, 02:11 PM

You will need it only if you cant get air out of the engine bay fast enough its now acting as a restriction to air trying to come inside through the radiator!
If you want to improve cooling, invest in a dual row alum radiator. If you want to reduce heat soak in the engine bay at standstill or after shuttoff, you can remove the weatherstrip at the top of the firewall. Keep it and use it in the wetter months. I personally kept a small section where its above the ecu to prevent water from dripping down on it.

Old 07-25-2019, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Linking for free advertisement is never a good idea. Please clean up your post, get rid of the contact info.

1) There would never be any reason to need or use these.
2) Unless you park in a garage every day and live in a very dry climate, plan on trashing underhood electronic equipment. Just imagine 4 hours up I75 here in MI in a snow storm with salted road crud flying everywhere including right through those vents. I5 H3 alternators are a PITA to swap out.

5-10 degrees means nothing, and the H3 is designed to run at the temps it does. Your cooling system keeps the temp where it is supposed to be. They ain't and air cooled VW.

Good points, I’m in California so no snow but I could see that, reason I was curious since they advertise that nothing happens. And lol not affiliated with them in any way just took the screen shots sorry shoulda cropped them

Old 07-25-2019, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by amrg
You will need it only if you cant get air out of the engine bay fast enough its now acting as a restriction to air trying to come inside through the radiator!
If you want to improve cooling, invest in a dual row alum radiator. If you want to reduce heat soak in the engine bay at standstill or after shuttoff, you can remove the weatherstrip at the top of the firewall. Keep it and use it in the wetter months. I personally kept a small section where its above the ecu to prevent water from dripping down on it.

Good idea, that actually woulda been handy when I was overheating while I was wheeling in a sandy semi dry creek bed

Old 07-25-2019, 06:03 PM

Wtf? Cool air in through the front grille and out before it gets to the drivetrain. Whoever made this doesn't understand hvac..