Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Aluminum Radiator Leak

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
What are the 'CAR' aluminum radiators you're referring to. Want to make sure I don't buy one.
Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Radiators for a CAR? Luckily not the H3.

My first CSF leaked after about 2 months. They replaced it for free, just had to get the serial number off the bottom back of the radiator and send a pic of the leak. My vendor said CSF had an issue with their early H3 radiators????

My second one has had no issues. My first one has been fixed locally and ready for my next H3.

So MrClark, before you install it, take a good pic of the serial number (bottom rear of the radiator) just in case you have to do a replacement.

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
OHHH.....radiators FOR A CAR.....I thought he was referring to some brand I hadn't heard of......DUUUUH...
[QUOTE=MrClark;351103]

My first CSF leaked after about 2 months. They replaced it for free, just had to get the serial number off the bottom back of the radiator and send a pic of the leak. My vendor said CSF had an issue with their early H3 radiators????

My second one has had no issues. My first one has been fixed locally and ready for my next H3.

So MrClark, before you install it, take a good pic of the serial number (bottom rear of the radiator) just in case you have to do a replacement

Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God!!!...lol I installed it this morning with out a thought of taking a picture of the serial number. But if it leaks I still have to take it out anyway. But thanks Doc for the info.
Sorry fellas, CSF Radiators. Stupid spell check on my not so smart phone.

Buddy (CB) bought 2, 2 failed within 4-5 months, they sent 2 new ones, 1 more failed within 4 months, the other in about a year. 2 more replacements, 1 leaker and 1 not (as of yet).

ALL started as a smell but no coolant, then small leak then a puddle. I have one in the garage now that I had tested before installing and it has a leak. Currently waiting for a replacement or a refund.

Old 03-28-2018, 03:00 PM

[QUOTE=TAINTER;351111]
Originally Posted by MrClark

Buddy (CB) bought 2, 2 failed within 4-5 months, they sent 2 new ones, 1 more failed within 4 months, the other in about a year. 2 more replacements, 1 leaker and 1 not (as of yet).

ALL started as a smell but no coolant, then small leak then a puddle. I have one in the garage now that I had tested before installing and it has a leak. Currently waiting for a replacement or a refund.
WOW! I figured CSF would be the 'go to' radiator if/when mine bites the dust. Now what?!

Old 03-28-2018, 09:48 PM
Default oh no!!

just got one for a jeep...
how to test first huh??

Old 03-29-2018, 09:45 AM

[QUOTE=Broken Halo;351117]
Originally Posted by TAINTER

WOW! I figured CSF would be the 'go to' radiator if/when mine bites the dust. Now what?!
I am going to go either with a Ron Davis $800 (aluminum radiator picture gallery from Ron Davis aluminum radiators) or a manual trans OEM radiator and install a separate cooler/fan.

Old 03-30-2018, 04:57 AM

I went with a griffin radiator. Its double the thickness of the RD radiator (helps with the hot summers). Doesn't have a trans cooler inside it though (I have an external trans cooler for that).

on a 70* winter day I had my coolant temps drop to 160* on the highway (I have a 160* t-stat). Trans temps were 120* (too cool)

Old 04-10-2018, 12:26 AM

Finally my new radiator is in, The only problem with the install was the damn shroud it was a major pain.
but I got it in. as far as temperature its the same as the OEM radiator. My next move, when the weather gets
warmer Is to install an Efan and a tranny cooler.

Old 04-10-2018, 11:06 AM

(I have a 160* t-stat).
not healthy for engine designed for 195, lubrication, efficiency,...

Old 11-01-2018, 08:30 PM

So MrClark, before you install it, take a good pic of the serial number (bottom rear of the radiator) just in case you have to do a replacement.
Hey Doc 7 months later and I sprung a leak. Now heres the worst part there is no serial number on my radiator

Old 11-02-2018, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by MrClark
Hey Doc 7 months later and I sprung a leak. Now heres the worst part there is no serial number on my radiator
Where does CSF say the serial # is? Do you need it for a warranty replacement?
Your original receipt should be good enough, I would think.

Old 11-02-2018, 09:52 AM

Keep us updated on this I have one I need to warranty soon and im sure the second one wont be far behind

Quick Reply: Aluminum Radiator Leak