Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   Hummer H3 (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h3-17/)
-   -   Aluminum Radiator Leak (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h3-17/aluminum-radiator-leak-39367/)

MrClark 03-10-2018 06:02 PM

RADIATOR UPDATE
You guys gotta hear this. I froze my rear end taking off my radiator and I took it today to a radiator repair shop I found online.Here is the kicker.....The man put his corks on and he placed the radiator in his water tank while pumping air into the rad.
NO BUBBLES WHAT SO EVER!!! Now when I walked into the shop the radiator had the dry Orange dex-cool stain.
He told me there is no leak and more than likely my leak was very minimal only when the radiator was HOT and expanding.
I should go buy a new radiator because the minimal leak would've gotten worse anyway.
I finally asked him can you repair my radiator his answer was.......I wouldn't know where to start. Put the radiator back on and let the leak get worse..
Do You believe this??? With my luck my radiator will burst open and leave me stranded.

hummer_on_fumes 03-11-2018 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by MrClark (Post 350718)
RADIATOR UPDATE
You guys gotta hear this. I froze my rear end taking off my radiator and I took it today to a radiator repair shop I found online.Here is the kicker.....The man put his corks on and he placed the radiator in his water tank while pumping air into the rad.
NO BUBBLES WHAT SO EVER!!! Now when I walked into the shop the radiator had the dry Orange dex-cool stain.
He told me there is no leak and more than likely my leak was very minimal only when the radiator was HOT and expanding.
I should go buy a new radiator because the minimal leak would've gotten worse anyway.
I finally asked him can you repair my radiator his answer was.......I wouldn't know where to start. Put the radiator back on and let the leak get worse..
Do You believe this??? With my luck my radiator will burst open and leave me stranded.

You should try to get your money back from the eBay seller. Some of the made in China parts are garbage, it is hit or miss. If your heart is stuck on an all aluminum you could get the CFS branded one. Otherwise I'd go OEM and install the separate trans cooler. Even if the OEM one has its plastic crack from the pressure points it should last a long time.

MrClark 03-11-2018 01:27 PM

[QUOTE=hummer_on_fumes;350728]You should try to get your money back from the eBay seller. Some of the made in China parts are garbage, it is hit or miss. If your heart is stuck on an all aluminum you could get the CFS branded one. Otherwise I'd go OEM and install the separate trans cooler. Even if the OEM one has its plastic crack from the pressure points it should last a long time.
I have really bad luck with plastic tanks in general. I went with aluminum for durability. I guess I was wrong I went thru the OEM and an AC/Delco plastic tank rads prior. What can a person do after the warranty expires. And no matter how much a person spends on any radiator your only going to get a 1year guarantee. That goes for CSF,A/C Delco, Griffin, Or any other radiator on the market today.

happythree 03-11-2018 06:30 PM

csf has some install requirements for warrantee.check it out.
the rad looks good,! sitting in my dining room...

MrClark 03-27-2018 06:38 PM

Well enough is enough. I had a problem with an ebay seller who after taking my money,Told me he was out of plastic radiators stock. Duh! So instead of waiting
until the late spring I scraped up a few dollars and I bought a new CSF aluminum radiator.
Wish me luck....lolhttps://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hum...1eb209164f.jpghttps://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hum...3308167f43.jpg

TAINTER 03-28-2018 06:59 AM

Good luck with CFS aluminum radiators. Between my buddy and I 6 out of 7 have leaked.

Broken Halo 03-28-2018 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER (Post 351092)
Good luck with CAR aluminum radiators. Between my buddy and I 6 out of 7 have leaked.

What are the 'CAR' aluminum radiators you're referring to. Want to make sure I don't buy one.:confused:

Doc Olds 03-28-2018 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo (Post 351093)
What are the 'CAR' aluminum radiators you're referring to. Want to make sure I don't buy one.:confused:

Radiators for a CAR? Luckily not the H3. :D

My first CSF leaked after about 2 months. They replaced it for free, just had to get the serial number off the bottom back of the radiator and send a pic of the leak. My vendor said CSF had an issue with their early H3 radiators????

My second one has had no issues. My first one has been fixed locally and ready for my next H3.

So MrClark, before you install it, take a good pic of the serial number (bottom rear of the radiator) just in case you have to do a replacement.

Broken Halo 03-28-2018 11:10 AM

OHHH.....radiators FOR A CAR.....I thought he was referring to some brand I hadn't heard of......DUUUUH...:D

MrClark 03-28-2018 11:29 AM

[QUOTE=Doc Olds;351096]Radiators for a CAR? Luckily not the H3. :D

My first CSF leaked after about 2 months. They replaced it for free, just had to get the serial number off the bottom back of the radiator and send a pic of the leak. My vendor said CSF had an issue with their early H3 radiators????

My second one has had no issues. My first one has been fixed locally and ready for my next H3.

So MrClark, before you install it, take a good pic of the serial number (bottom rear of the radiator) just in case you have to do a replacement

Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God!!!...lol I installed it this morning with out a thought of taking a picture of the serial number. But if it leaks I still have to take it out anyway. But thanks Doc for the info.