Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

2009 Hummer H3 Reduced Power, Traction Control OFF, Stability System Disabled

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2020, 03:51 PM
Default 2009 Hummer H3 Reduced Power, Traction Control OFF, Stability System Disabled

Recently had my vehicle taken in to get my ECM reprogrammed but still stalling out or not starting at all. Replaced the throttle body, PCM relay, accelerator pedal assembly, and ignition switch. Each time it would run good for 5-15 minutes and stall out or run rough again. Any ideas on what else it could be. Put $900 into parts and labor at this point. Hoping to find out what is going on

Old 11-25-2020, 04:44 PM

You should have just posted the codes and saved all that money, for a pair of 70" 4k vizios

Old 11-30-2020, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Eddy Rooks
Recently had my vehicle taken in to get my ECM reprogrammed but still stalling out or not starting at all. Replaced the throttle body, PCM relay, accelerator pedal assembly, and ignition switch. Each time it would run good for 5-15 minutes and stall out or run rough again. Any ideas on what else it could be. Put $900 into parts and labor at this point. Hoping to find out what is going on
Let me guess..... are you still using the Crappy Azzed OEM junk Battery Terminal Connectors? First mod to do to every H3/H3T is to replace those garbage connectors with a quality aftermarket set like Stingers or your favorite brand.

Old 11-17-2021, 08:09 PM

I had this issue and looked everywhere for the cause / fix. It was all over the place.

What solved it for me is a new catalytic converter which also part of the exhaust manifold. I did get a stainless steel version to help with power, very modest amount to be sure, and the change was immediate. I had replaced the throttle body with the throttle position sensor and it helped only slightly. The catalytic converter replacement was the real fix.

P.S. Thanks to GM making the throttle position sensor an unreplaceable part. It’s molded to the throttle body, unlike any other make I have run across. Doubled the cost easily. Ugh.

Old 11-18-2021, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by macsavers
I had this issue and looked everywhere for the cause / fix. It was all over the place.

What solved it for me is a new catalytic converter which also part of the exhaust manifold. I did get a stainless steel version to help with power, very modest amount to be sure, and the change was immediate. I had replaced the throttle body with the throttle position sensor and it helped only slightly. The catalytic converter replacement was the real fix.

P.S. Thanks to GM making the throttle position sensor an unreplaceable part. It’s molded to the throttle body, unlike any other make I have run across. Doubled the cost easily. Ugh.
Oh boy.

Old 11-19-2021, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by macsavers
What solved it for me is a new catalytic converter which also part of the exhaust manifold. I did get a stainless steel version to help with power, very modest amount to be sure, and the change was immediate. I had replaced the throttle body with the throttle position sensor and it helped only slightly.
HOLY COW!
Stainless steel versions "help with power"?

Really?

Can I get 20 more hp with a gold or 40 more hp platinum one then?

Old 11-19-2021, 12:19 PM

It’s way more modest than that. Closer to 2-3. On my 2006 Mustang, the increase was closer to 6-9 due to the heavy cast iron stock headers.