Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

2008 H3 performance

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 09:36 PM
Default 2008 H3 performance

I am new here. Have had my H3 for a little over a month now. I love it but would love to get a little more power from the 3.7l. What suggestions do you have.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jcald7982
I am new here. Have had my H3 for a little over a month now. I love it but would love to get a little more power from the 3.7l. What suggestions do you have.
Welcome to HF. I MOVED this out of the FAQ section for the reasons stated in the thread stuck to the top ... https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...section-19461/

Intake, PCM tune, Efan conversion, PP Throttle Body, and Cat back exhaust. Do them all at once or start with anyone of them, but save the PCM tune for the end so you can have it programmed for whatever else you already did.

Lots of threads on this stuff, kick back, search em out, and enjoy.

Old 06-24-2014, 02:10 PM
Default Performance

Hey doc, I have an 07 H3 it's the 3.7 liter. I have been a member on here for some time. I am looking to port and polish my throttle body. I have had the volant cold air intake installed. I had my computer flashed from PC of NC. I love my tird lots. I am looking to go with the electric fan from them. Also I am gonna do a full flowmaster exhaust install. Any info on where I can get my throttle body done, and price? I live in pa! Thanks doc for any info.

Old 06-24-2014, 04:53 PM

Clean the maf sensor, throttle body, do an induction cleaning, and depending on the condition, install a fresh set of delco iridium spark plugs & air filter, use top tier fuel, add some lucas or techron, to the tank at fillup, and keep the engine oil clean and full of synthetic oil.
Enough power for me!

Last edited by hummerz; 06-24-2014 at 04:57 PM.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:51 AM

some years ago i read articles on port n polish that said for other than all out racing , high rpm motors, pnp did nothing for regular driving. had to do with the maf telling the pcm how much air was on the way regardless of the pipes up ahead.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:01 AM
Thumbs up Port and polish

Yeah, I have read and understand that also. I was curious if it made any change or difference at all. I have had built mustangs in the past. I understand the PNP process and the extra goodies that go along with it. I am new to upgrading my 07 H3 tird. Trying to figure out all the possibilities with it and getting the most out of the 3.7 liter. I am not trying to go mid 10's in the quarter like my mustangs. Just wanting a little more pep in the H3s step. I searched and read the forums. Now I am needing the advice from experts like yourself. Thanks for your response!

Old 06-25-2014, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by happythree
some years ago i read articles on port n polish that said for other than all out racing , high rpm motors, pnp did nothing for regular driving. had to do with the maf telling the pcm how much air was on the way regardless of the pipes up ahead.
So based upon some OLD articles you read (without providing any source) you know all about how a PP TB works on an H3 Hummer.

windycitykid, I answered your question in your other thread. https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...-polish-33396/

Old 06-25-2014, 11:05 AM
Default Pnp

Thanks doc! I checked it out.

Old 06-25-2014, 02:06 PM

Nitrous, turbo, supercharger, motor swap.

Whats your budget?

Best suggestion is to check out the Chevy Colorado/ gmc canyon forums. They have done WAY more with these motors than 95% of us hummer guys could imagine.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:29 PM

"Just wanting a little more pep in the H3s stepi"

just push the gas a little harder..

Quick Reply: 2008 H3 performance