Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

07 H3 Coils aren’t getting signal to fire. Hellllllpppp

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 06:18 PM
Default 07 H3 Coils aren’t getting signal to fire. Hellllllpppp

New member and first post.

Purchased 07 H3 with blown head gasket for our son who just got his permit. Rebuilt the motor and drove around town and truck was driving great. Hesitated to start on first key turn and now coils aren’t getting signal from pcm to fire. I did pinch fuel rail wires in the intake when mounting it back and since did repair to all those leads.

Issue at hand is testing pcm or figuring out why the coils have 12v key on but not receiving signal to fire. Has anyone encountered this or have a way to test PCM for fault?

Finished rebuild..

Old 08-13-2019, 11:26 PM

check your engine grounds maybe there is one disconnected or broken. the grounds are just as important as the positive wires.

Old 08-14-2019, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
check your engine grounds maybe there is one disconnected or broken. the grounds are just as important as the positive wires.
Thank you for the response but the truck was running and drove around with no issue until I parked it few days and came back to start it. Only took 1 ground off and put back on.

Old 08-14-2019, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

I see you still have the crappy azzed OEM Battery Terminal Connectors. Those gotta go for a set of quality aftermarket connectors.

Do you have a passlock issue now? Fairly common with H3s.

Old 08-14-2019, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
I see you still have the crappy azzed OEM Battery Terminal Connectors. Those gotta go for a set of quality aftermarket connectors.

Do you have a passlock issue now? Fairly common with H3s.
Yeah they suck. Wa go it them off and get new after truck is 100%.

the idiot light isn’t blinking and truck turns over just not getting spark. I tested every coil lead.

Old 08-14-2019, 09:52 AM

Was going to take them****

Old 08-14-2019, 10:44 AM

South Main Auto on YouTube. I've learned so much from this channel. The guy is really knowledgeable. He covers so much stuff and he is a true professional.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=...RtKmrsZeOyHQhv

I've watched hours of videos and he covers just about everything.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Happy Hummer
South Main Auto on YouTube. I've learned so much from this channel. The guy is really knowledgeable. He covers so much stuff and he is a true professional.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=...RtKmrsZeOyHQhv

I've watched hours of videos and he covers just about everything.

Thank you, going to check him out and subscribe. I just changed radiator, it had a crack which probably cooked the head gasket. Now I pretty much replaced everything that wears out except alt, ac compressor and power steering pump.
Son should have a decent first truck. Paid $3,000 from a buddy that does cash for cars. Put 1,000 into it.

Old 08-14-2019, 12:09 PM

I removed crank sensor and replacing. Didn’t realize there was a back sensor in front of bell housing.

Old 08-18-2019, 09:18 PM

Figured it out. The new cam sensors is defective and after swapping original back in, the truck started right up. Now only codes are misfire on 3&5 cylinders. Going to rotate coils to see if code follows them to new cylinders..

Thanks for the input guys.. ����

Quick Reply: 07 H3 Coils aren’t getting signal to fire. Hellllllpppp