Hummer H2 SUT For some who need the usefulness of a truck, but do not want to compromise the Hummer look, the H2 SUT does just that.

2007 H2 SUT starting issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 07:13 AM
Default 2007 H2 SUT starting issues

My 2007 SUT is having starting issues! I drove the vehicle to pick my son up from school, the check engine light had come on the day before and when I shut it off it wouldn't start? It cranked over ok but just wouldn't fire up. I tried a few times and it wouldn't start. I had it towed to the mechanic shop and they told me it was a bad wire from my alternator and also the battery was bad? I had a difficult time believing this since it was cranking over without any problems but whatever. After a $425 bill, I picked it up and drove it a couple of more times. I needed to get an emission test done since I live in VA so I took it to the same mechanic since they also do the emission testing. The check engine light had come on 20 min before I got there and I shut off the truck when he tried to start it the same thing happened just cranked but wouldn't start. I left the vehicle with them to check out. The next day he said he got it started and checked the code and it was something wrong with the ignition switch or key? He told me to drive it and see if it happened again. (no charge)
Now I'm afraid to drive the damn thing and especially shut it off! HELP!!!

Old 08-23-2021, 11:52 AM

Na, I think you may have a crank sensor that is going bad, depending on the mileage on the H2 the fuel pump could also be on the way out. If it was a battery or charging issue the engine would not turn over as the battery got weaker.

I have doubts about your mechanic. Hope you get it sorted out.

Old 08-31-2021, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by H2-SUT
Na, I think you may have a crank sensor that is going bad, depending on the mileage on the H2 the fuel pump could also be on the way out. If it was a battery or charging issue the engine would not turn over as the battery got weaker.

I have doubts about your mechanic. Hope you get it sorted out.
As it turns out the rings are shot and the cylinders are scratched, so the motor is garbage. Every test known to man was run on this motor and before we ordered a new one to be built it was completely pulled apart and this is what was found. After all of the trouble shooting trying to avoid putting in a new motor, I'm having a new engine built for it. With parts on shortage it will be about 4 weeks until the new motor is ready to go.