Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Wiper Motor problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 05:11 AM

In the long run, your probably right. I should have a sign out front of my home that reads RAFTRMAN MOTORS, I have a 22.5 foot Crownline, 454 big block, bravo3 outdrive, with a duo prop, ,a 77 shovelhead, a 94 trans am, and a 94 gmc 2 door yukon, And now an H2, My maintenance here is non stop. I fix what I can, when I can, The boat takes top billing, theres nothing worse than getting stranded out in the Ohio river. For now, I just need reliable wipers, the pulse board seems to be the economical way to go, And I still have stepper motors to replace, So i`m going with the pulse board, The H2s from texas, and arizona, never seen snow till it got here last month, covered in an inch of ice. I`ll replace the pulse board, seal it up good with silicon, and roll the dice. Thank you for your advice, it is appreciated.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:06 AM

The silcon might do it. The orignal design is obviously flawed as so many people have issues with the wipers.

Hope it goes well!

Old 02-21-2018, 05:52 AM

I ordered a new pulse board on amazon yesterday, it was made with a new improved seal, the cost was 83.00 and is an ac delco part #19120103, I will use some extra silicone around the seal, Thanks for your input and advice.

Old 03-09-2018, 02:17 PM

Its all fixed, I took my 05 H2 to the shop today, These guys removed the cluster, packed it, insured it, shipped it, got it back, and put it back in. Then they removed the pulse board, and put a bead of diaelectric grease on the new rubber gasket on the new pulse board. And reinstalled it for 274 bucks, Add the cost of the pulse board which was 84 bucks for a total of about 360 bucks. I got a lifetime warranty on the stepper motors as well. So far Ive replaced the battery, the starter motor, had the cluster, and wipers repaired for less than 800 bucks. My H2 has enjoyed its life out west, No rain for days on end, No temps like here, 17 below was the average for the month of Jan, And never been covered in a foot of snow. I bought it in december, had it shipped here to Ohio, and it arrived in January, Its now March. So its been a real learning experience. But its all fixed. And ready for the weather here. The repair shop which repaired the cluster is auto express tech in Mass. Thats all the owner of my shop here would give me. I will try and attach a pic of the old pulse board alongside the new one.
Thanks to each and everyone of you for your very helpful advice and sharing your wisdom. You have saved me a boatload of money. The local GMC dealer would have had me for supper getting all these things fixed.
I LOVE my hummer.

Old 03-10-2018, 08:14 AM

Good job on getting the repairs sorted out, and for not a lot of $.
Your H2 looks great.

Old 03-10-2018, 08:39 AM

I was really pleased with the outcome, The knowledge that is here in this forum is unbelievable. We have a bunch of young new hires at work. And the parking lot is full of new trucks. but the H2 really stands out among them. Theres nothing like a hummer. Thank you all for your help.

Old 03-11-2018, 08:09 AM

I took a minute and checked out who did the cluster repair www.autoxpress.com 1-877-477-6636, they repair clusters, they also repair abs control modules of many different kinds, ecu and ecm modules, climate control repair, and do speedometer repair work as well, their phone number is on their website. I hope this is helpful to someone.