Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Wiper Motor problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 06:29 AM

05 h2, wiper cover with circuit board, my rear wiper squirting fluid, coming on by itself, shutting off when turning on front wiper,which only runs on high speed, have found 2 online, 1 is at amazon, 80 bucks, the other is at autopartscheaper.com it is oem has a 3 year warranty and costs 120.00 bucks, i will call advance today, and see if they have a replacement on hand. there is a video on you tube showing how to replace this circuit board, i will try and post the link.
I am new here, have an 05 h2 with 52k miles, it came from texas, and is now in the bitter cold and snow we have in Ohio, i believe the temp shock has caused my electrical glitches. I am also working on steeper motors for the cluster, and will post what i know there.

Old 02-18-2018, 04:27 PM

Its the control module on top that is bad, they are on amazon for around $50. I had the same problem and I replaced the wiper control module and no more problems

Old 02-19-2018, 02:58 AM

Thank you, its appreciated

Old 02-19-2018, 05:39 AM

The problem with the motor module is that the seal between the pulse module and main motor body is not 100% moisture tight. Eventually condensation gets in and attacks the PCB and its components. You will find this happens at the lowest point where the water collects under gravity.

If you replace just the pulse module on its own its imperative to either change the seal or in someway re-seal the assembly (not sure if a new seal comes with the module?)

If you dont restore the seal things get worse and water eventually attacks the worm-gear and the mechanism siezes.

Better to get a new motor I feel.

Old 02-19-2018, 09:41 AM

Thank you for your input, It is very much appreciated.

Old 02-19-2018, 12:52 PM

Its not the motor, yes moisture gets in the circuit board and I did silicone the gasket before putting in the board.

Old 02-19-2018, 06:42 PM

The motor is working just fine, i could not get the front wiper to stop working today at first, I pulled the 15 amp fuse, and then the module next to it, for the wipers, they still kept on going, I shut it off, and replaced the module, and they finally quit. puzzling. But I love this beast. Advance doesn`t stock a circuit board, so I will have to order it online. I did figure out how to remove the wiper arms, One step at a time. I`m in no great rush. Ive been driving a 94 2 door gmc yukon for 17 years, it in great shape mechanically. Ive had it painted twice, but rust here in Ohio eventually is getting the best of my yukon. Great old truck, climb a tree, pull a tank, but the H2 is amazing to drive, and theres nothing like a new truck after driving the old girl for 17 years. Thanks for your input,it is appreciated.

Old 02-19-2018, 06:48 PM

Amazon Amazon

Mere's the link to the put you need

Old 02-20-2018, 04:11 AM

Thank you, I`m gonna call napa today, see what they want for the circuit board, If its big bucks, I`ll order one off of amazon, or ebay, Thank you for your help, it is most appreciated.

Old 02-20-2018, 04:52 AM

I was speaking from experience and as of this week in fact.

I repaired the pulse module 2 years ago, which still works 100%, but as I mentioned the ingress of water eventually caused the worm gear to rust and sieze.

Its a pain pulling the cowling on/off etc each time to investigate, so a new motor should sort it. In hindsight I should have done that the 1st time, all I did was postbone the inevitable for 2 years.

The skimpy part of me still wants to take the motor out, grease it up and get it running again...

Quick Reply: Wiper Motor problems