Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

This is why your Hummer Leaks In the Rain

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 09:20 AM

The one's I test drove on 2003 were $60k and they had one there at Dew Hummer in St Pete set up for a Buccaneer player that was well over 100K....

Anyway....

Just being sarcastic about the leak. Can you instruct us on the correct tire pressure? You were that kid with the glasses and bowtie in my 4th grade class always with his hand up first, right?

Old 10-16-2014, 09:46 AM

This is what did in my H2. The dealership never could figure it out & I ended up having electrical issues because of it. I wish I had seen this forum back then.

Lots of great info here.

Old 10-16-2014, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Dieseldrums
Don't forget to seal the molding under the side pillars if you haven't already. I'm sure you have had the "rattle" driving down the road.

I was just going to post about this. I am getting wind noise from the front windshield. Both driver and passenger sides. As I drove it down the highway I reached out and I think I feel the plastic molding along the windshield rattling or vibrating. Like it could pinch my finger between the molding and the glass. Is this what you are talking about? How do I seal it? Should I remove the molding or just caulk under it from the outside? Thank You.

Old 10-16-2014, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by rhinomike
I was just going to post about this. I am getting wind noise from the front windshield. Both driver and passenger sides. As I drove it down the highway I reached out and I think I feel the plastic molding along the windshield rattling or vibrating. Like it could pinch my finger between the molding and the glass. Is this what you are talking about? How do I seal it? Should I remove the molding or just caulk under it from the outside? Thank You.
There's a ton of posts with pics on here. I had to seal all the molding under the pillars with them off.

Old 12-22-2014, 12:00 AM

Found the window sticker for my wife's H2. MSRP $63000! In 2003. Hell, my 2014 Ram 3500 Limited 4x4 CTD MegaDually with everything except the sunroof & Limited chrome pkg was only $71145 MSRP when I ordered it in March, 2014 (I didn't pay nearly that much!).

Old 12-22-2014, 11:50 AM

Amazing the stock price on these.....mine was $82000 and change in Canada.

Old 12-22-2014, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by rhinomike

open doors pull rubber down to expose 2 screws remove those screws, take plastic pillar off clean and use 3m calk, that stuff is worth its weight in gold.
no more rattles. trust me.

Old 01-18-2017, 01:04 AM
Default This is why you hummer leaks in the rain

Shayne100, in your post, you stated:
"pull the windscreen column trip and clean out the accumulated leaves and mud and whatnot from the gap at the top . This slows the drainage of the rail channels allowing them to fill up with water to a level higher than the grommet letting water in . "

What exactly do you mean by "column trip"? I have a Limited Edition Victory Red H2 SUT (2005) that is more of a "collector" auto for me. I only have 40,000 miles on it and water has JUST started to leak into the center overhead console when it rains. When I drive it, the water drips out of the 2 map light switches and lights onto my dash.

I completely get and understand everything else in your post and the pictures did help. I used to be a certified diesel mechanic for Caterpillar, Mack Trucks and Freightliner, so I am pretty "mechanic" minded.
Would like to check this windscreen column trip you talk about.

Any info would be helpful.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Helga She Is Fine
Under that light has been the biggest pain of my life with the H2. After a snow when the truck would sit in the sun the snow would melt, follow that path, and refreeze in the door jam. I would come back to a frozen door almost every day. I even have water leaking through the grab handle bolts, by the looks of it it's all the same leak.
If you have water leaking out of your grab handles this is mostly likely due to shrink in the grommet plug of the clearance light as noted in the first picture of Shayne100's original post. In fact, most all of your leaking driver floor board issues are from this grommet. As noted in this thread, RTV silicone will resolve this issue. I have confirmed it: https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...clogged-20269/

Shayne100, I'm assuming your upper door weatherstrip is installed and is in good working condition? GM part: 25868657. This is the weatherstrip that keeps water away from the door area and down the A-pillar properly.

Old 07-03-2023, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Shayne100
Ah i missed that thanks dieseldrums i guess thats another design error i will have to investigate and remedy . If i didn't know better i'd swear i was driving an untested prototype seems the basic vehicle was built to be bullet proof and they then contracted a third world toy factory to to fit the the interior and trim
SHAYNE,,, i agree, i have water coming in SEVERAL PLACES,, wipers getting stuck ON,, windshield washer motor screaming, ignition switch running battery down if key is not off JUST RIGHT, man,,,GM failed

Quick Reply: This is why your Hummer Leaks In the Rain