PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wheel/tire setup for e&g fender flares

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 10:10 AM
Default wheel/tire setup for e&g fender flares

ordered my e&g extra wide fender flares. now i need to get some new wheels and tires.

i do not have a lift kit and do not want to lift the h2. i would like to go with 37" tires but would like to have the edge of the wheel stick out past the edge of the fender flare by about an 1" or so. Looking for a wide aggressive stance.

Any of you guys running the extra wide flares have suggestions for what size tire/wheel combo i should be looking at. offsets,backspacing, do i need spacers etc.

Old 09-19-2017, 05:01 PM

I have the E&G offroad flares and I believe my aftermarket wheels are a 4.5" backspace. That pushed them out quite a bit compared to stock but they are exactly in line with the fender flares. I wished I could post you some pics but photobucket is a piece of shat. Click the link for my build thread, see if the pics show up.

Old 09-20-2017, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
I have the E&G offroad flares and I believe my aftermarket wheels are a 4.5" backspace. That pushed them out quite a bit compared to stock but they are exactly in line with the fender flares. I wished I could post you some pics but photobucket is a piece of shat. Click the link for my build thread, see if the pics show up.

just want to verify which is correct. you install thread says "4.25" backspace but here you say "4.5".

Old 09-20-2017, 09:18 AM

Then it is probably the 4.25 since it was done years ago my build thread would be more accurate than my memory

Old 09-28-2017, 06:06 AM

Any update on this ? Any pics of what you went for in the end ?

Old 09-29-2017, 10:46 AM

just got the fender flares in. want to get them installed first before buying wheels and tires.

Old 12-17-2017, 10:35 PM

Finally getting back to this. Need to buy new wheels and tires. What are recommendations for tire and wheel sizes that won’t raise the stock height or require any lifting. Also looking for recommendations on tire brands. I have geolander at now that came on the rig when I bought it. I like the aggressive look of Mt tires but I don’t really off-road. Mainly lots of highway driving with occasional lite off roading and driving in snow. More focused on a quality tire with low road noise first looks second.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:21 PM

Also looking foward to see pics . Ive been wanting to get the eg fenders before they disappear from the market .

Check the goodyear Duratrack . Great on highways . Nice aggressive look . Soft ride . Not bad on noise . Tires are MS . Also great for offroad if ever decide

Last edited by H2Miami; 12-18-2017 at 08:27 PM.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:07 AM

suggestions on wheel tire size combinations?

Old 12-19-2017, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
I uploaded the pics for you.

What size tires are those? 35x12.5r17s?
Your thread said that they measured out to 37, despite being 35s. (At least a 2" gain). This is a nice setup. I'm wondering myself if I should get some fenders like this & go wider (325/60r20 or 37x13.5r17/20).

Quick Reply: wheel/tire setup for e&g fender flares