Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

what scan tool do you use on your h2 ????

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2022, 12:57 AM
Default what scan tool do you use on your h2 ????

i made this video to show the few that find my videos on youtube of any help to show what I use to play around with the h2 . Please if you use anything else than a tech2 post a comment on the video so that others can use the recommendations and possibly get their own scan tool .

​​​​​​

Old 07-29-2022, 12:45 AM

Some good info. Thanks for the video on the Chinese Tech II!

Old 07-31-2022, 09:25 PM
Default Hummer Diagnostic News you can use.

The posted video for the most part is spot on. The Tech 2 is the fantastic diagnostic tool and a must for your toolbox for the Hummer line and while a genuine Tech-2 (Bosch or Vertronics) is tops most of the better quality chinese knockoffs can do a good job. This along with the TIS-2000 software that runs on a laptop can do just about everything a dealer can do again ( with access to the GM via an AC/Delco) license when programming is necessary.

I personally own one of these and have a dedicated laptop to use with it. I also have the newer GM MDI-2 w/wifi that will allow me to work on my newer GM vehicles.

As far as the Hummer is concerned and the Tech 2 tool it can do everything needed, the only issue the Tech 2 has issues with is with unlocking GM radio's, for this you will need the MDI-2 (or later) tool. Again not necessary unless your dealing with a vin locked GM radio.

A super all around scanner is an Autel MX808 and I use it routinely just to keep on top of the other newer then 2013 cars I own that I don't wish to buy a VIN license for my MDI-2.

With that said don't think if you buy any of these tools that you will able to fix anything that might go wrong. Sadly No. But you will have a leg up on most people and with a little homework if it's something you can't handle yourself you can walk into your GM dealer as an educated consumer. I can tell you first hand when I had a Drivers Door module issue that I trouble shot and fixed myself saved me about $800 in labor costs. So the diagnostic tool costs was money well spent!

One last thing if you can find a chinese knockoff Tech 2 for a good price you will easily re-coupe it down the road, there is a fantastic used market for these tools.

Saving yourself