Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

What is this holder in the glovebox?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2023, 09:11 PM
Default What is this holder in the glovebox?

Anyone know what this holder is designed for? Looks like it can lock something in, but not really much room. 2005 H2 Glove box. Thx 4 looking.

Glove box photo 1/2

Glovebox photo 2/2

Old 11-28-2023, 05:51 PM

Looks like it is for the remote control for the optional rear seat DVD system.

Old 11-28-2023, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by finall
Looks like it is for the remote control for the optional rear seat DVD system.
Thx 4 looking. Thought it may have been that as well but it doesn’t fit. I have the remote on the other side of glove box. Its out if the photo.

Old 11-28-2023, 08:28 PM

Not the remote? do not have the H2 near me at the moment, so can not check what else it could be for. What else came with most H2s that could fit there? Thinking some accessory kit part from those various “adventure kit”, safety kit, or special edition kit. Can’t think of anything from those kits. I am stumped! And now very curious as to what this mystery holder does.

Hopefully someone else like @hummerz will find the answer.

Old 11-28-2023, 09:03 PM

Not the remote? do not have the H2 near me at the moment, so can not check what else it could be for. What else came with most H2s that could fit there? Thinking some accessory kit part from those various “adventure kit”, safety kit, or special edition kit. Can’t think of anything from those kits. I am stumped! And now very curious as to what this mystery holder does.

Noticed it while cleaning the glovebox and my Dad I were stumped as well. I have read through the owners manual again last night but didn't see anything. Looked on ebay for any weird parts that might fit but didnt see anything there. What better night time reading than the owners manual haha!

Old 11-28-2023, 09:06 PM

Old 11-28-2023, 09:10 PM

For holding those manuals for reference if needed.

Old 11-28-2023, 09:24 PM

It may be carryover from some other GM model that uses the same part number? I bet that will be the final answer.

Old 11-29-2023, 03:44 PM

It's a mystery many GM owners have had. I can confirm that slot is empty in both Tahoe and Sierra too.
I've read it's where dealer puts warranty and receipt when vehicle is sold, an outdated map holder, the OnStar pamphlet holder and brake controller wiring harness. The last one sounds most believable since I believe the brake controller kit part is even referred to as a glove box jumper. https://www.silveradosierra.com/thre...rtment.754154/

https://www.duramaxforum.com/threads...e-box.1014171/

Last edited by BOHICA; 11-29-2023 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-29-2023, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by BOHICA
It's a mystery many GM owners have had. I can confirm that slot is empty in both Tahoe and Sierra too.
I've read it's where dealer puts warranty and receipt when vehicle is sold, an outdated map holder, the OnStar pamphlet holder and brake controller wiring harness. The last one sounds most believable since I believe the brake controller kit part is even referred to as a glove box jumper. https://www.silveradosierra.com/thre...rtment.754154/

https://www.duramaxforum.com/threads...e-box.1014171/

Appreciate the post and the links, was a cool read. Thanks man

Quick Reply: What is this holder in the glovebox?