Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

What have you done to your h2 today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 04:47 PM

I'm thinking about a B&B since they are local... can't find any videos with look and sound though

Old 06-28-2015, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Baldfox
Really pleased it worked out for you. The latches were pretty much ok, they just stay there right, i think for me it was the "straps" that caused the problems. Ultimately though was the non existent client service that does it for me. Looks good though. Tell me, how big was the exhaust ? I mean, the longest section, am due a trip to the states in a couple of months, and would love to pick one up, but wondering if would be a problem putting it on a plane (checked in of course).
The box the Borla came is is 52x22x12 (inches) It's packed really well and i only opened it to make sure I wasn't getting hosed. I'd suggest shipping it in the box it comes in but, if you want me to take a measurement of the longest section I can later. (Still raining out.)

Old 07-05-2015, 11:57 PM

Added fab tech tie rod ends what a difference!

Before
https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/m...54100-8977.jpg

After
https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/m...27307-8976.jpg

And a Maximum Jeep 52" LED light bar

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/m...11902-8981.jpg

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/m...29811-8979.jpg

Last edited by ant69; 07-07-2015 at 01:11 PM. Reason: to add pics
Old 07-08-2015, 05:15 PM
Default Replaced Front Differential Crossmember

Was getting a thud at times taking off in first gear. Turns out the bushing/mount was bad. (the one right next to the oil filter) all the oil spillage and years took a toll on the bushing and it was all eaten away.

Was looking for replacement bushings for a while and realized you have to replace the entire cross-member and it's sold as one part. freaking expensive at just under 300 usd.

I just removed the bad one an hr ago and power washed the areas while I had access. Waiting for it all to dry up and then putting the new one on. I will post pictures later.

----

The other day, I did finish installing the Borla Exhaust. I must say... this is the quietest exhaust I've ever installed. It's like I didn't do anything... Looking into long tube headers and cat deletes. I also got my Black Bear Tuning kit in but, the H2 has been sitting so no drives for readings done yet.

Tomorrow I drop off the beast to be under coated and then will be rebuilding the entire front end. Control Arms, Tie Rods, Idler and Steering Arms, ball joints... also got the hellwig sway bars and rancho 9000 shocks/steering stabilizer waiting to be put in. Very excited!

Old 07-08-2015, 06:30 PM
Banned
Default Cooling the way, it should of been done from the factory

I totally rebuilt the entire cooling system, transmission cooler, oil cooler, and steering cooler were replaced, with upgraded coolers, the coolers in the radiator were both bypassed..

I also installed the Derale Dual Electric fan setup, and replaced the stock hoses, with silicone units...

Also i included magnectic filters, on the trans and steering lines..

I had to fabricate custom brackets for the oil cooler

Name:  20150708_170121_resized_1.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  225.6 KB

Name:  20150708_170245_resized.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  246.5 KB

Name:  20150708_170223_resized.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  223.8 KB

Name:  20150708_170157_resized.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  244.9 KB

Name:  20150708_170204_resized.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  209.9 KB

Old 07-08-2015, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by ISrt300
Was getting a thud at times taking off in first gear. Turns out the bushing/mount was bad. (the one right next to the oil filter) all the oil spillage and years took a toll on the bushing and it was all eaten away.

Was looking for replacement bushings for a while and realized you have to replace the entire cross-member and it's sold as one part. freaking expensive at just under 300 usd.

I just removed the bad one an hr ago and power washed the areas while I had access. Waiting for it all to dry up and then putting the new one on. I will post pictures later.
Did you go w/ OEM or the scorpworks replacement?

Old 07-09-2015, 02:45 AM

WOW nice work Live!!

Couple of questions for you...

Did you take enough pics to do a good write up on replacing the coolers? I ask because I've been postponing bypassing the in radiator trans cooler plus my PS cooler has surface rust. I'd prefer to just replace everything as you did.

Also, are the coolant hoses the silicone kits I've seen on Ebay? Always thought about picking a set up.

Old 07-09-2015, 05:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LoJac963
WOW nice work Live!!

Couple of questions for you...

Did you take enough pics to do a good write up on replacing the coolers? I ask because I've been postponing bypassing the in radiator trans cooler plus my PS cooler has surface rust. I'd prefer to just replace everything as you did.

Also, are the coolant hoses the silicone kits I've seen on Ebay? Always thought about picking a set up.

Yes I took a lot of pictures, but you can get a great wealth of info, just from the pictures I posted..

If you have any questions, or info , just ask.

My steering cooler, also just had rust, but in would of made all the new coolers look like crap, so it had to go..

And yes the hoses are from ebay, cost was 80.00, came with everything you needed, and seem to be of great quality. .

The hardest part of the entire install, was fabricating the three brackets to hold the oil cooler, and figuring out a place to install it..

Also for a more custom look, I used brass compression fittings, instead of just flaring the lines, looks more trick, and I like the brass color, but it did add, another 60.00, to the cost

Last edited by liveinxs; 07-09-2015 at 05:23 AM.
Old 07-09-2015, 07:33 AM

looks good live, I replaced my power steering cooler too it was seeping and rusty, got mine from summit looks like same one you have, tranny cooler looks like same one too

Old 07-09-2015, 01:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by yoymon
looks good live, I replaced my power steering cooler too it was seeping and rusty, got mine from summit looks like same one you have, tranny cooler looks like same one too
Those coolers are so cheap, why not upgrade them, if they are looking a little rusty..

Quick Reply: What have you done to your h2 today?