Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

What do you all think about this new hummer look ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2020, 02:05 PM
Default What do you all think about this new hummer look ?

Old 07-29-2020, 04:11 PM

the top one which way is front? the bottom one looks like a stretched out FJ cruiser

Old 07-29-2020, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
the top one which way is front? the bottom one looks like a stretched out FJ cruiser
its exactly what i saw in that front end a FJ ..... not a big fan of that angle in the rear of the SUT ..... but im still gona buy one ..... probably gona end up with a gladiator and a bronco too

Old 07-30-2020, 08:04 AM

I hope they sell a bunch of them. It will be nice to see the Hummer name again.

Old 07-30-2020, 08:29 AM

First one looks nice for a pickup. 2nd one is just pure ugly. Both do not resemble a Hummer. I think this will be a big mistake by GM. You cannot just create vehicles and slap the HUMMER name on a grill and call it a Hummer.

Old 07-30-2020, 06:46 PM

From what we have seen, I don't think they will look like a hummer. I really wish they kept most of the look the same with some cool updates To make it more modern. Just my 2 cents. Might as well call it Jacked Hammer.

Old 07-31-2020, 08:34 AM

Couple of other images from the new video GMC put out the other day.... Clay model in progress and apparent work on a prototype body. So to me its looking like a new Avalanche / Escalade EXT with Hummer branding.

https://www.gmc.com/electric-truck/hummer-ev

Old 07-31-2020, 03:02 PM

I like the grille that was in the super bowl commercial and I bet the performance will be sick! Especially if they have a drive motor on each wheel. The on the fly drive configurations would be sick!!! Lock the rear, lock all 4 tires, lock nothing.....it can all be done instantaneously in theory. But I do think the profile is a little cartoony.

Old 08-01-2020, 03:03 PM

Yeah, looks more like a new Avalanche. Nowhere near square enough and doors aren't nearly straight enough up and down. The hood doesn't look like a Hummer nor does most of the front end. The bumper has the look of the H2, redefined a little that's it. The front windshield looks pretty close to the H2, about the same angle and dimensions. Hopefully, the rest of the windows are in the same low square/rectangular shape. The open top concept is nice but you'll have to pull the panels and stow them every time. How often will that get used vs. one or two large sunroofs? Maybe have two versions.

Storage capacity: bed not that large, is it even 5.5'? I doubt it. But it does have the front storage which looks massive. Does the Cybertruck have front storage? I don't think it does.

It's about 20 years since the H2 was in this stage of development. They had a number of features listed online at the time that never made it to final assembly:
POWER OPERATED SOFT TOP (a large sunroof will make up for an open top design, trust us)
THERMOSTAT - CONTROLLED ARTICULATING HOOD LOUVERS (would be interesting how they figured out how to get this to work to keep water out, my guess...they didn't, well plastic styling will work too!)
CENTRAL INFORMATION SYSTEM - INCLUDES GPS NAVIGATION SYSTEM, ONSTAR, DVD VIDEO, MONSOON AUDIO SYSTEM, CD PLAYER, E-MAIL, AND INTERNET ACCESS (better to have them all separate and let Tesla worry about designing that)
COMPUTER AND CELL PHONE DOCKING STATIONS (does 12 volt power count?)
NIGHT VISION SYSTEM (sure, why not?)
OSCILLOSCOPE GREEN GAUGES (no, standard GM gauges are better)
FULL - UNDERBODY SKID PLATES (check)
THREE - TIER LOADING CARGO AREA - UNDER- AND ABOVE-FLOOR CAPACITY (that would be interesting to see)
VARIOUS HOOKS AND LATCHES (check)

Last edited by bad_runner; 08-01-2020 at 03:05 PM.
Old 08-02-2020, 07:46 PM

I'll buy it, if there's an LT5 option.