Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Power Fold Mirrors on a 2007 H2

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 04:22 PM
Default Power Fold Mirrors on a 2007 H2

I have found many resources on fixing the power fold mirrors from 2003 to 2005. In 2006, the mirrors got an upgrade. I'm told that the 2006+ mirrors don't require removing the door panel to take them off. Can anyone confirm this? If so, how do you remove the 2006+ mirrors?

I have a 2007. When I try to fold the mirrors, I hear the motors trying to do something but nothing moves. I assume the gears are stripped. I'd love to fix them myself if possible. I can't seem to find a way to buy any parts for the mirror without buying the entire assembly though.

Old 07-29-2020, 08:39 AM

There have been a number of threads on these. Yes the newer ones are better (they have the Hummer logo in chrome across the middle). Oceanbrave on here has taken them apart in detail. You must remove the door panel to replace or remove the mirrors on any year.

Old 07-30-2020, 06:13 PM

Apologies for being delayed.

mrvictory1999 I've never dismantled or seen inside the later power fold mirror assembles, so I'm unaware of the changes or issues.

The older ones I'm quite familiar with, I'm sure you will have seen the YT videos?

If you happen to remove one, let us have some pics so we can compare.

Old 07-31-2020, 11:29 AM

I saw your videos. Thank you for making those. If I disassemble my '07 mirrors, I'll take lots of photos and videos.

Old 07-31-2020, 03:10 PM

Old 08-01-2020, 12:31 PM

I installed a new mirror motor on one of my mirrors using your tutorial. Super helpful and thank you! I went to take pictures of the space behind the glass, but it looked pretty much identical to the 03-05 mirrors so I didn't bother.

While working on the driver mirror, I accidentally folded it forward a bit, the opposite of the direction it is supposed to fold in. When I popped it back into place, I heard a loud snap. It made me worry that maybe I broke something in there but the power folding mechanism hasn't been working anyway. After I was done, I decided to try the power folding mirrors one more time. They worked perfectly! Something about the driver mirror being out of alignment was keeping both mirrors from folding. By folding it forward and back to normal, it allowed both to start working again.

In the user manual, it says that if someone manually folds the mirrors, it can keep the power folding feature from working. The manual says the remedy is to cycle the power folding mechanism three times. I tried about 7 times with no luck. I could hear the motors whirring but no movement. I tried folding the mirrors manually in and out and repeating the process. Still no luck. But something about folding it forward got things working again.

This is all a really long winded way of saying don't be afraid to fold them forward if nothing else is working.

Old 08-01-2020, 01:02 PM

The "snap" you heard is quite normal and nothing to worry about, its just the slip-clutch in the arm's motor drive re-engaging.

The arms will not fold "in" if the pan-tilt mirror mecahnisms are not in their "mid" position (home) The BCM logic 1st tries to pan-tilt the mirror-glasses mid-way and if for some reason this position cannot be acheived e.g. the pan-tilt mechanisms are stuck, broken, or wiring incorrectly, then the arms will not attempt move (the topic been discussed before)

The arms, however should always be able to fold outwards.

Try pan and tilt on both sides and make sure they work correctly, then try the "kerb view" function and see if that works.

Old 08-02-2020, 11:46 AM

So maybe replacing the driver side mirror motor is what allowed the folding mechanism to start working again? The old motor would neither pan nor tilt. My passenger side motor will still pan side to side but will not tilt up and down. But power folding is back to working so I'm satisfied. Thanks for all your help!

Old 08-03-2020, 03:35 AM

That's it - glad it's working again!