Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Weird air suspension problem.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 10:40 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by oceanbrave
MixManSC's advice is very good, the Tech2 is very useful and worth the minimal investment.

The AS system is very useful despite the occasional issues so I agree with you, worth keeping. However it is VERY sophisticated and would be difficult to replicate any other way. For example the electronics provides:-
  • Air-Pressure measurement (PSI)
  • Inlet & Exhaust Valve control with individual current measuremt
  • Battery Voltage measurement
  • Ignition "On" Detection
  • Compressor Over-Temperature detection
  • Dash Extended Ride-Height Switch and Lamp control (doors must be closed to activate!)
  • Left & Right Ride-Height sensor voltage measurement 0-5V, 2.5V = nominal height approx., voltage increasure with ride-height
  • Left & Right Ride-Height current measurement
  • 5V Supply On/Off control (turns sensors off)
  • Tyre Inflator control
  • Experience indicates ride-height sensors can be changed without re-calibration.
  • EEProm storage of ride height calibration etc.
  • Communications to BCU
It sounds like your new shop is doing fine, hope it goes well, keep us posted!!
Gheeeeeeeeeeeeeez! Who figured all that out.. That's dome crazy engineering.

Old 09-15-2018, 08:21 AM

My AS Controller died (very expensive here in UK) so I un-potted it, drew out its electronic circuit and repaired it, pretty-much learnt everything about it.

There is more than one type of controller, mine was a GM 1036984 (00131A-EP-02) now superceeded by GM89060585.

Some units have a single compressor (earlier ones) mine was the twin type.

I also completely dismantled and repaired the twin air control valve unit which was pretty coroded and messy inside, possible another source of air-leaks especially if air-bags are OK.

As the H2's ages it was important to get to grips with the AS Units to help others, so this was a start start.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Dual Compressor System.pdf (209.2 KB, 83 views)
Old 09-15-2018, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by oceanbrave
My AS Controller died (very expensive here in UK) so I un-potted it, drew out its electronic circuit and repaired it, pretty-much learnt everything about it.

There is more than one type of controller, mine was a GM 1036984 (00131A-EP-02) now superceeded by GM89060585.

Some units have a single compressor (earlier ones) mine was the twin type.

I also completely dismantled and repaired the twin air control valve unit which was pretty coroded and messy inside, possible another source of air-leaks especially if air-bags are OK.

As the H2's ages it was important to get to grips with the AS Units to help others, so this was a start start.

Nice Work... I printed that out..good to have... I have an 2009 with Dual Comps...
Thank You