Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Water leak into driver/passenger floors

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 09:07 AM

The weatherstripping definitely shrinks over time. You do not need to remove anything other than the weatherstripping itself. If you follow the steps above, you should get really good results. Keep in mind the cooler the weather, perhaps the longer time it will take to relearn when taped up. I taped mine for like a month and just forgot about it. When I took the tape off it was perfect and has been now for some time; but it will definitely shrink again in the coming years.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:14 AM

Another option, including the taping, to help prevent future shrinkage, would be to put a small dot of weatherstrip adhesive or even just any kind of caulking really maybe every foot or so in the channel on the weatherstripping before you put it back on.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:24 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MixManSC
Another option, including the taping, to help prevent future shrinkage, would be to put a small dot of weatherstrip adhesive or even just any kind of caulking really maybe every foot or so in the channel on the weatherstripping before you put it back on.
will try all of the above, thanks!

Old 03-26-2019, 09:52 AM

Mixman, I'm really not to sure that it helps. On a few of the trucks I've had to clean off some type of adhesive gunk that someone previously tried to use. Maybe they tried to just glue it without re-stretching it; i'm not sure, but I do know it was a pain to clean up and I didn't use on the re-install. You squeeze that channel fitting pretty good to re-tighten the fit to the truck and hold with tape for a while it really works well without any glue.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:59 AM

Good point.... cleaning old adhesives off, especially silicone is a big pain in the butt for sure. Many are unaware that the weatherstripping has metal in the gripping part and it will really help to squeeze that back a little tighter before putting it back on, just dont go crazy and totally flatten it or anything. lol

Old 04-03-2019, 01:55 AM

Looks like it was my windshield. They fixed it on the second try but damaged the back rest n my sexond row bench seat behind the driver. Leather shrunk and is rock hard. I bet they damaged it with a heater or dehumidifier while trying to dry out the wet floor.

now the dealer is working to correct that problem. Sheesh. And my seats were n mint condition before this.

Old 04-05-2019, 09:57 AM

subbed in, there is alot of good info on here and i know i have seen more elsewhere... if i come across some I will post since I am in this situation currently while i have the truck ripped apart

Old 04-05-2019, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by GenerationOfBmx
Looks like it was my windshield. They fixed it on the second try but damaged the back rest n my sexond row bench seat behind the driver. Leather shrunk and is rock hard. I bet they damaged it with a heater or dehumidifier while trying to dry out the wet floor.

now the dealer is working to correct that problem. Sheesh. And my seats were n mint condition before this.
My h2 has sustained all of its damage from letting someone else work on it. I go to great lengths to not let anyone touch it any more.
2nd day i had it. Took it to the alarm shop. Busted my drivers mirror by forcing it closed without using the buttons. Wouldnt admit it or take responsibility. Replaced the mirror only to have another mechanic break that one after telling him to make sure he used the buttons. Same mechanic busted dipstick tube off in block. No oil pressure within 2kms of driving home from his shop. Then i notice rubbing compound dust and start looking around and he put a small crease in my drivers door from banging it off the hoist as the h2 was really wide on it and he was overweight and not able to slide out the door.

Whatever you do. Try to do everything you can yourself. People will try and gouge you. Damage it out of spite or jealousy and not take responsibility. I hate humans....

Old 04-05-2019, 01:55 PM

Only one I can sort of defend is the dipstick tube.... they are notorious for rusting down where they mount.

The other crap... no way. I'd be getting pretty loud and arguing. lol