Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

SUPERCHIP OR DIABLOSPORT PREDATOR TUNER and MAF SENSOR

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2023, 07:57 PM
Default SUPERCHIP OR DIABLOSPORT PREDATOR TUNER and MAF SENSOR

Hello H2er's

Does anyone have either of these? I saw a thread on the other forums with good reviews on the SuperChip tuner. And others stating Predator was the best. DiabloSport has two, ones called the platinum. From what I read they're both the same but the platinum can accept custom tunes from CMR, whats CMR? They both cost the same. I just got a Borla exhaust installed and put on my new 37 tires. Wanna tune it. Diablo claims 34 hp and 31 tq increase with power level tune 1 on 93 octane. Can anyone confirm this? Would it be better to take it to a tune shop?

Also, anyone have the Granatelli MAF sensor, read good reviews on other forums. Is it worth it? I had one for my Trans AM and it didn't seem to make much of a difference, if one at all. Looking at adding this too. Read that it would be a good addition with the Borla exhaust.

Old 07-10-2023, 10:41 AM

A custom tune on a dyno from a shop will always be better than a canned tune.

That being said I had the Diablosport and did run the 91 octane tune of theirs for quite some time and the difference was very noticeable. When I got tired of paying for premium gas I switched it to the Diablosport 87 tune and the difference was again noticeable and still a great improvement over stock. All of the Diablo tunes are pretty decent for what they are. Another advantage is you can also go into another menu and calibrate for the larger tire size which will adjust all of the transmission shift pressures to better deal with the larger tires and that also corrects your speedometer for the larger tires (at least the one I have allows for this which is a Diablosport InTune). You must run only premium with that tune though as the timing is quite advanced and you will get spark knock if you try and run regular with a tune setup for 91 octane. Nice when you can just walk out to your ride and change it up whenever you want...

There are catches with local tuners who do custom dyno tunes though. Many will "lock" your PCM so that the only way to do any further modifications or tuning is you have to go back to them. Custom tuner can of course also calibrate for the larger tires as well.

I've also read the same about the Granatelli. Does not really make much if any difference. Cat-back exhaust will help a tiny bit. Cat-back exhaust along with long tube headers will make a significant difference. If you look back at older threads of mine you can see the setup I used which was GM Performance Parts, made by Borla, stainless cat-back and then I forget which brand but also long tube headers.

I'd not waste time on any of the aftermarket cold air intakes, the factory one is actually already an excellent high flow CAI and many of the aftermarket ones are actually worse than the stock one.

A set of new ACDelco spark plugs and wires can also help if your are old. The next lower cost big step would be a mild cam. Big power will be big money in the form of a supercharger but if you do that you will then soon need a much heavier duty transmission....

Old 08-16-2023, 04:14 PM
Default Predator tuner

Whats up dude. Got the predator tuner. Its telling me that my calibrations are not stock file. Trying to find out exactly what was done. Local shops telling me they can but would need the stock file I get from Diablo. This guy said he did Diablo performance tunes before and didn't see a big diff. They stated they use HP. I was wondering if you get a 6 in Fabtech lift and it is installed by Fabtech back in Cali where they use to be if they put a (mandatory) tune in it to match the lift. It seems that should be a must. I bought it used and there is no info about a tune. It seems like it runs good now with the new Borla exhuast I put on. Maybe I will return the predator and buy one that does everything, where I can see what was actually done.

Originally Posted by MixManSC
A custom tune on a dyno from a shop will always be better than a canned tune.

That being said I had the Diablosport and did run the 91 octane tune of theirs for quite some time and the difference was very noticeable. When I got tired of paying for premium gas I switched it to the Diablosport 87 tune and the difference was again noticeable and still a great improvement over stock. All of the Diablo tunes are pretty decent for what they are. Another advantage is you can also go into another menu and calibrate for the larger tire size which will adjust all of the transmission shift pressures to better deal with the larger tires and that also corrects your speedometer for the larger tires (at least the one I have allows for this which is a Diablosport InTune). You must run only premium with that tune though as the timing is quite advanced and you will get spark knock if you try and run regular with a tune setup for 91 octane. Nice when you can just walk out to your ride and change it up whenever you want...

There are catches with local tuners who do custom dyno tunes though. Many will "lock" your PCM so that the only way to do any further modifications or tuning is you have to go back to them. Custom tuner can of course also calibrate for the larger tires as well.

I've also read the same about the Granatelli. Does not really make much if any difference. Cat-back exhaust will help a tiny bit. Cat-back exhaust along with long tube headers will make a significant difference. If you look back at older threads of mine you can see the setup I used which was GM Performance Parts, made by Borla, stainless cat-back and then I forget which brand but also long tube headers.

I'd not waste time on any of the aftermarket cold air intakes, the factory one is actually already an excellent high flow CAI and many of the aftermarket ones are actually worse than the stock one.

A set of new ACDelco spark plugs and wires can also help if your are old. The next lower cost big step would be a mild cam. Big power will be big money in the form of a supercharger but if you do that you will then soon need a much heavier duty transmission....

Old 08-16-2023, 04:41 PM

No idea and no idea why a tune would be of any benefit for a lift.

A tune can be done if a non-standard tire size is installed to recalibrate the speedometer and shift points. Or a tune could be done to improve performance.

The thing is, unless you are the original owner, then there is a possibility some previous owner put some sort of a custom tune on it. That will throw off pretty much all basic tuners from all brands as they expect to find a stock tune which will be in their database. That is how they know what parameters to adjust. If the current tune is not stock they, for good reason, will refuse to make changes as they have no idea what has already been changed.

So in this scenario you will need to either do your own custom tuning (takes quite a bit of learning and education) with usually either an HP Tuners or EFILive tuner and tuning software setup. Both are pretty expensive and it takes a lot of experience and learning to understand everything one of those can do. Might be best to find a local tuning shop and have them do a custom dyno tune.

Old 11-21-2023, 04:25 AM

Have anyone tried this tuner?
Will this work for better milleage? Got catback installed and runs 35 on wheels.