Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Some help with the step pad please

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2024, 09:34 AM
Default Some help with the step pad please

So one of the step pads has come loose and it's clear that several of the little plastic tabs have become brittle and broken. Has anyone reattached theirs with any success so it doesn't fly off going down the highway? If so, how did you fo it? A good epoxy or something? TIA

Old 03-09-2024, 10:08 AM

Good luck finding clips for it.
One of mine was wiggling and before it got worse I used a permatex silicone adhesive.
There are two kinds of them but both work.
Pretty sure you can use a extra strength clear Gorilla glue as well.
I thought about bolding it down but you’ll see the two or three bolds you using, I had some power coated black bolds but still.

Old 03-09-2024, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by BLK WLF
Good luck finding clips for it.
One of mine was wiggling and before it got worse I used a permatex silicone adhesive.
There are two kinds of them but both work.
Pretty sure you can use a extra strength clear Gorilla glue as well.
I thought about bolding it down but you’ll see the two or three bolds you using, I had some power coated black bolds but still.
Ok, so the permatex has been holding well? I was on my wat to the hardware store so I'll look for some of that. Was thinking of my tube of 5200 Marine adhesive as it works really well in the marine environment, but if the Perm is holding up I'll give it a try.

I know the pads are not avail new, and doubt many of the used ebay items have great clips.
Thanks....

Old 03-09-2024, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by PGI Conch
Ok, so the permatex has been holding well? I was on my wat to the hardware store so I'll look for some of that. Was thinking of my tube of 5200 Marine adhesive as it works really well in the marine environment, but if the Perm is holding up I'll give it a try.

I know the pads are not avail new, and doubt many of the used ebay items have great clips.
Thanks....
Stick with what you have and try a good adhecive.
Some of the H2 drivers have removed the steps all together and I’ve seen a few that have the foldouts from predator on them.
Mine are still good on the 2008 H2 but maybe in a later stage I’ll get the folding steps as I don’t do any off-roading with this Humner anyway, I got two Yamaha wolverines for that.

Old 03-09-2024, 05:37 PM

You can buy the complete side rails in a set fairly inexpensively on Amazon, they are not oem however they fit & pretty much look it, Both available in chrome or black. It may be a viable solution vs someone slipping & getting hurt on another one that may fail over time....
Amazon Amazon
$164 shipped for a set in black- chrome is also fairly cheap.
They look good & so far have held up well...
Again, another option...