Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Shutoff Rear Compressor

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 09:52 PM
Default Shutoff Rear Compressor

When I bought my 2005 H2, I was told that it had the air suspension to shock conversion done which is correct. I get the dash computer message to service air suspension message that I clear. I have heard that it sounds like either the rear compressor comes on or it makes a grinding noise to find it, I'm not sure. Is there a way to turn off the rear compressor or sensor?

Thanks

Old 07-30-2018, 10:09 AM

did you ever figure this out? I have same situation... one of many in my list of things to fix.

Old 07-30-2018, 10:38 AM

No, I never got a response and read through a few places that said try to remove the sensor in the left front fender, but then another person said that won't shut it off. Someone else suggested at the fuse but it sounded like it could be tied in with other things. Its just annoying at a stop with the windows down and you hear it kick on and off. I don't even care about the ECM dash message as a button can clear it. I wish you luck. Please come back and post if you hear or find a solution.

Thanks!!!!!

Old 07-30-2018, 10:53 AM

I see two things I will try.

1. connect the two air bag lines together (he calls it dead heading) .
2. Remove the relay and get the codes cleared (I have a scanner that will remove the codes).

I think I will do both, I still have my compressor in, was hoping to be able to keep it for air fills from the rear... but I am also OK with removing it too...

Ill try later today and update this after a day of use. seems like it pops up after a few trips.

Old 07-30-2018, 10:58 AM

there are two electrical connections in front of compressor under vehicle, mine were just pulled apart and compressor doesn't start up/run

Old 07-30-2018, 12:09 PM

I watched a YouTube video and under the brake fluid master cylinder on the driver's side right behind the wheel well is a square relay ALC I think. I disconnected that and no compressor. Now I have some things still connected in the back where the air ride stuff is and not sure what to disconnect there so the ECM message comes on and you hear a couple ticks but no compressor which is nice.

Old 07-30-2018, 12:23 PM

Hmm so when you removed the relay the compressor no longer runs but you still get the warning message? Have you cleared the codes from your ECM? This is what I was going to try tonight.

Old 07-30-2018, 12:30 PM

I did not clear codes. I'll do that this afternoon and post back. I did notice when I turned the H2 on I was in the back of it and heard a couple clicks from the air ride pump area and usually the compressor would come on and it didnt but after the clicks the ECM message came on. Like I said and I'll try to get a picture but there are a couple wires plugged in at the compressor pump area so it maybe sending a signal that it's not right. Not sure.

Old 07-30-2018, 03:32 PM

Keep me posted, I just removed the relay in the driver side wheel well (I put some dialectic grease in the plug and taped it all up). I haven’t had time to try it out though. I also used my scan tool to clear all current and pending trouble codes.

Old 07-30-2018, 04:35 PM

If you do not need the tyre-inflator function, simply unplug the connector to the AS Unit (bottom right of JPG) or remove the complete unit (try unplugging 1st). Disconnect you battery for a couple of minute the reconnect it, the BCU should then re-configure itself to run without the Air-Suspension unit i.e. no error messages at least it did for me. Be careful to seal-up the loose connectorto prevent water-ingress and corrosion.

I'm not sure how else the error message can be fixed as the AS-Controller constantly monitors the Ride-Height Sensors and Air Pressures, perhaps if these were fixed it would fool the controller. Normally the Ride Height Sensors sit at around 2.50V, when the extended ride height is activated these increase to around 3.45V i.e. to the extra 2" lift. It might also require the free air-bag pipes to be blocked-off but I'm just guessing, somone out there must know?

Also FYI, the AS-Controller modules cost over $300 to replace, I bought a used complete unit for $375! (thats how I found out about unplugging!)

Attached Thumbnails Shutoff Rear Compressor-h2-air-compressor-unit-img2-ebay.jpg  

Quick Reply: Shutoff Rear Compressor