Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Saving On Gas

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 03:34 PM
Default Saving On Gas

Hi all Hummerings! Question. How do you save on fuel at the pump? I've heard a lot solutions as to saving on gas. Really want to know as this will be my everyday vehicle. I even heard about someone spending $140 a week on gas.
All responses are welcome.
Thank You!

Old 10-17-2018, 04:52 PM

There is no magic way to save on gas. Drive it, fill it up and repeat.

Old 10-17-2018, 04:56 PM

My question would be why did you buy an H2 if you are worried about the cost of gas?

Old 10-17-2018, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by HummerStorm
Hi all Hummerings! Question. How do you save on fuel at the pump? I've heard a lot solutions as to saving on gas. Really want to know as this will be my everyday vehicle. I even heard about someone spending $140 a week on gas.
All responses are welcome.
Thank You!
I feel you... but yes, it is a gas guzzler and that's part of the appeal.

In any case, tire pressure should be your number one concern when it comes to saving fuel. Inflate them as much as possible and keep an eye on those PSI.

Old 10-17-2018, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by hummer_on_fumes
My question would be why did you buy an H2 if you are worried about the cost of gas?
Well to answer your question. The reason is because I love the appeal of it,the way it's unique.& that's just half the reason. Been wanting this vehicle for almost 12 years (I wanted to say 6 but I forgot that it appealed to me as a kid) & it's been my number thing to own. As years past I never knew how bad the gas was. But I didn't let that take away the love I have for Hummer. I just wanted to know if I can at least see a difference in my mpg by changing the way I drive,any maintenance,or modifications.

Old 10-17-2018, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Hbrezzi
I feel you... but yes, it is a gas guzzler and that's part of the appeal.

In any case, tire pressure should be your number one concern when it comes to saving fuel. Inflate them as much as possible and keep an eye on those PSI.
Will do for sure. Thank you!

Old 10-17-2018, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by calif phil
There is no magic way to save on gas. Drive it, fill it up and repeat.
Definitely not depending on magic for saving on gas. Just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas on seeing a difference on mpg,really. But you win some you lose some.

Old 10-17-2018, 07:24 PM

This question has been asked more times than I can count. You said it is a vehicle you have always wanted, congrats on finally picking one up! However, just like an old muscle car, you're going to pay like crazy for gas. Matter of fact, I think my old Camaro used to get better gas mileage than my 2. There is no chip, tune, or anything else that will make a massive difference of more than a few MPG at most.

Old 10-17-2018, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
This question has been asked more times than I can count. You said it is a vehicle you have always wanted, congrats on finally picking one up! However, just like an old muscle car, you're going to pay like crazy for gas. Matter of fact, I think my old Camaro used to get better gas mileage than my 2. There is no chip, tune, or anything else that will make a massive difference of more than a few MPG at most.
Absolutely true!

Although, percentage wise, even just an extra 2 MPG is a huge improvement ;-)

Old 10-17-2018, 08:21 PM

Congrats on finally getting your 2! It is definitely a unique beast. Unless you have deep pockets, using it as a daily driver will be rough, for both gas and repairs. What I've done is get a very fuel efficient car for driving to work and unleash the Hummer on the weekends. As it ages, I find almost each time I drive it something else is wrong, and I barely drive it. Maybe it's my OCD but if something doesn't work on the truck I gotta make it work. My next project is taking my entire dash apart to replace an actuator and refurbish my climate control module. I don't trust any mechanics to be as meticulous or careful with taking apart my interior as I would be.

Quick Reply: Saving On Gas