Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Sat radio No Signal

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 07:22 PM
Default Sat radio No Signal

The other day my sat radio on my 2005 H2 would display No Signal. Later it started working again. Then it quit again and said No Signal. The AM and FM and CD player work fine. Where is the sat radio antenna connection? Any advice on other causes?

Old 03-08-2019, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Sirina2
The other day my sat radio on my 2005 H2 would display No Signal. Later it started working again. Then it quit again and said No Signal. The AM and FM and CD player work fine. Where is the sat radio antenna connection? Any advice on other causes?
behind your glove box there should be a metal looking like box thats the XM module there is one wire harness connector and next to that is your antenna connector check to see if its lose or just follow the cable and check the antenna itself depending where is at that may be your problem .

Old 03-09-2019, 09:10 AM

There is also an in-line connector on the coax cable for the antenna under the headliner. If that antenna has leaked, or potentially even other more common roof leaks like the sunroof drains being clogged or the clearance lights leaking, and water got to the cable than it would run down the cable and potentially corrode the connectors. Depending on the specific options the longer cable will either plug directly into the digital radio box hmer mentioned or it might connect to another shorter cable near the digital radio box and then plug into the box. So you really have a few places to potentially check. Could even be that the antenna itself has had water get into it internally and is going bad. The XM antenna is the small one on the drivers side on the roof. The flat part of it is for XM, the little mast that sticks up is for the Onstar cellular communications (it is a dual function antenna).

Old 03-09-2019, 04:00 PM

Thanks to both of you for your advice. Will let you know what I find.