Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Running lights and radio stays on

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 09:32 PM
Question Running lights and radio stays on

I have a situation. My running lights and radio stays on after turning off car and locking. It drains my battery, by luck I checked my fuses and breakers and I pulled out the W/S WASH breaker, problem solved but I have no wash. I try switching breaker but no change

Old 07-07-2014, 08:26 AM

I have a situation. My running lights and radio stays on after turning off car and locking. It drains my battery, by luck I checked my fuses and breakers and I pulled out the W/S WASH breaker, problem solved but I have no wash. I try switching breaker but no change. Has anyone had this problem?

Old 07-07-2014, 11:12 AM

Bad ignition switch maybe? It's not registering being fully turned off when you turn off and remove the key I guess could be one possibility.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:51 PM

Seeing that the radio and running are time delayed after you turn the vehicle off. I'm thinking that you should check your fuse panel and try to determine which relay or timer controls these fuctions. The timer may even be a capacitor but probably not. It sounds like either the relay is not picking and the contacts may have welded or the timer which controls the relay is pooched and not letting the relay return to it's open position.

If you do find the relay which is probably going to be in the under the hood panel. See if you can find another relay in there that is the same. Swap the two and see if it fixes your existing problem and creates other problems with what functions the good relay had. Then you will know it was the relay and can buy another one.

I may be way off on this but it sure seems like a relay or timer.

Hope this helps.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
Bad ignition switch maybe? It's not registering being fully turned off when you turn off and remove the key I guess could be one possibility.

This^

Old 07-16-2014, 12:11 PM

I dont know if I mentioned but everything has worked perfect until I put I put the W/S relay back in. My wipers were acting up before this problem of radio n running stayed on.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:00 PM

My situation has been fixed and I am greatful. 1 hr labor and $100. It was my wiper circuit board, funny how my gauge lights and radio are related thru a bad front wiper. I want to thank LoJac963 and MadMayo for yr feedback. I switch relays but no change, I got to my wiper motor and I tapd on it and wipers started to work. I disconnected the the circuit board and I got the same result as when I pulled W/S relay. New circuit board solved my problem. Again thanks