Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

ROOF RAIL FLAPPING NOISE AT SPEED.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Default ROOF RAIL FLAPPING NOISE AT SPEED.

Hey guys I'vehada flapping noise at my windshield for awhile now when at speed. I saw the post on this forum about the H2's and was going to check that area on my H3 just incase.

ThenI was at the dealer yesterday to get my new factory MP3 radio flashed and unlocked. Itold him about the flapping noise.

He said oh yea....It's a known issue on the H3's that the roof rail covers crack. He looked at mine and said, here...Look! Sure enough..It was cracked. It happens right where thewindshield pillar one meets the one that runs down the roof line. Where the two meet there is a gap and it's in that gap where they crack. You might have to push down on the pillar one at the seam to see the crack...

It's covered under warranty and they replaced both sides with a new and improved type....?......LOL

When I left and got up to speed...Noise Gone! AWESOME!!!!!

Anyway...I thought this might help anyone out there that might be having that flapping sound at speed.

They also covered my cargo door light switch that failed. I did not have a dome light or a "DOOR OPEN" warning when I opened the cargo door. They changed out the switch for the one of new ones like on the 08's. It works great now...

Old 08-28-2007, 04:31 PM
Default RE: ROOF RAIL FLAPPING NOISE AT SPEED.

I just had mine fixed as well.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:18 AM

My roof rail cover is cracked the same as yours was. I still have some warranty left. Will i have to take it specifically to a Hummer dealer, or will any GM dealer do it?

Old 08-29-2007, 01:26 PM

Hey Rotten, you know I really think it would be best to take it to the Hummer dealer. They should have the parts on hand.

I had mine done at Sewell Hummer here in North Texas, and they said they do quite a few of them. He also pointed out that there was a known issue with the drivers seat lower plastic cover that gets pushed down into the seat heater switch, which will causethe switchto break after awhile. [:@]

They have a fix for it also...They drill a small hole in the plastic cover at the forward left corner and into the seat frame, then drive ina small blackscrew. Itworks great...I was wondering why my switch was hard tooperate when I was sitting in the seat. It's smooth as butter now. You might want to ask the dealer about that one also. I have a 2006and I don't know if this applies to the 07's or 08's. It might.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:02 AM

Thanks for the quick response.

I was afraid of that. The closest hummer dealer is about 95 miles away. I guess that's better anyway, I'm not too crazy about the local GM dealer.

I've got cloth non-heated seats, so not an issue with mine, though i do wish i had leather. I went to this car from a Grand Cherokee Limited, so i was a bit spoiled to go to such a striped car. I wish Hummer offeredall the little nice things on the H3.