Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Roof mounted light bar

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2022, 02:17 PM
Question Roof mounted light bar

Hello everyone, I just purchased a 2003 H2. I'm trying to get the roof mounted light bar (looks factory to me) to turn on but am not able to find a switch for it, dont have an owners manual. Does anyone have any info or link to help? by the way she's a beutiful.

Old 06-18-2022, 04:18 PM

Should be a switch on the front of the ceiling console. I have seen at least one where that same switch was installed under the rear wiper switch though but 99% are on the ceiling console. The black switch on the edge...

Download the owners manual from GM - https://experience.gm.com/support/ve...manuals-guides

There are certain aspects you should be aware of like proper use of the 4WD buttons. They look the same as in the GM trucks and SUV's but work slightly different since the H2 is full time 4WD.

Attached Thumbnails Roof mounted light bar-img_3842.jpg  

Last edited by MixManSC; 06-18-2022 at 04:20 PM.
Old 06-20-2022, 05:37 AM
Default Light Bar

Originally Posted by MixManSC
Should be a switch on the front of the ceiling console. I have seen at least one where that same switch was installed under the rear wiper switch though but 99% are on the ceiling console. The black switch on the edge...

Download the owners manual from GM - https://experience.gm.com/support/ve...manuals-guides

There are certain aspects you should be aware of like proper use of the 4WD buttons. They look the same as in the GM trucks and SUV's but work slightly different since the H2 is full time 4WD.
Thank you for the photo and info. My H2 does not have the black button so it must have been added on. I will have to figure out how to wire it up. Perhaps I can locate a wiring harness and roof mounted console with button? There is also the possibility that the harness is there. Here are some pics.

Old 06-24-2022, 11:42 PM

The one installed under the rear wiper switch is NOT OEM.

I installed one there for a 3rd party HitchCam (now out of business) high mounted backup camera.

Looks the same, but not OEM.

All OEM Delta brand light bars had the light mounted in the overhead console, if I remember correctly.
It has been 20 years now since the 2003 H2 launched, so I could be wrong on that.

Irrespective of all above, there were NO SPECIAL edition models with light bars in the early years. So the OPs 2003 is aftermarket, NOT OEM.

Maybe the seller did not finish wiring it up. Look for a wire leading to the top left marker light from the light bar. There is a connector hanging loose on the roof there.