Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Replacement windshields

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2021, 02:13 PM
Default Replacement windshields

Has anyone had a windshield replaced? I accidentally clipped the edge of mine while prying cowl off. It’s not noticeable with cowl on and I was debating getting a new one. The internet shows 03-04 is different than 05-09. Wondering if anyone has some info on this. I’d want a real gm one not Chinese. Thanks

Old 05-22-2021, 02:26 PM

"Clipped it"? If less than 1-1/4" repair with Permatex® Windshield Repair Kit

Old 05-22-2021, 05:26 PM

The picture I showed of mine with the cowl off - the white where the windshield should be is vinyl. I put that on temporary to keep water/dirt out. Here in SC if you have full coverage a replacement windshield is free. I had a local place come pull the old one then come back after a couple of weeks to put the new one in. I did ask for genuine GM and they were fine with that. I left it out for a couple of weeks since I wanted to redo the headliner and that is easiest to remove through the windshield opening...

Mine was pretty pitted from years of being sandblasted on the road and had a ton of glare from that. Crystal clear now.

Old 05-22-2021, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
"Clipped it"? If less than 1-1/4" repair with Permatex® Windshield Repair Kit
https://youtu.be/5eupXcI8hH8
yea I was rotating the pry bar and I heard crunching. I thought it was fiberglass from the cowl but it was glass. Appeared to delaminate. 1/2 inch by 1 inch long. It’s under cowl so you can’t see it. It might last years. Idk. Might not.

Last edited by fastNYsix; 05-22-2021 at 06:03 PM.
Old 05-22-2021, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
The picture I showed of mine with the cowl off - the white where the windshield should be is vinyl. I put that on temporary to keep water/dirt out. Here in SC if you have full coverage a replacement windshield is free. I had a local place come pull the old one then come back after a couple of weeks to put the new one in. I did ask for genuine GM and they were fine with that. I left it out for a couple of weeks since I wanted to redo the headliner and that is easiest to remove through the windshield opening...

Mine was pretty pitted from years of being sandblasted on the road and had a ton of glare from that. Crystal clear now.
Nice. I assume you pulled cowl not glass company. The 05 up windshields appear to be cheaper for some reason. Is there any difference in windshields? Also did yours come with a new weatherstripping across the top?

Old 05-22-2021, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by fastNYsix
yea I was rotating the pry bar and I heard crunching. I thought it was fiberglass from the cowl but it was glass. Appeared to delaminate. 1/2 inch by 1 inch long. It’s under cowl so you can’t see it. It might last years. Idk. Might not.
Repair the damage to prevent further damage.
Look at the possible damage a spark plug could do:

Last edited by hummerz; 05-22-2021 at 07:25 PM.
Old 05-22-2021, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Repair the damage to prevent further damage.
Look at the possible damage a spark plug could do:

https://youtu.be/EE7ug2okU-E
I just found out about the spark plug truck recently lol. I want to try it some time.

Old 05-23-2021, 05:22 PM

New OE glass is still available via GM, whatever years are the same as 2007.
I just had my 07 windshield replaced. Came with new top weatherstrip ( which is falling off, so back to glass shop in the next few says)

Old 05-23-2021, 05:56 PM

Ok thanks. I’m going to call glass shop tomorrow and see what they say.

Old 05-23-2021, 06:42 PM

Try diy repair first. If you decide to go with replacement? I highly recommend Safelite.

Quick Reply: Replacement windshields