PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lower exterior trim removal

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 07:40 PM
Default Lower exterior trim removal

How do you remove the exterior trim below the door? I’ve removed the trim around the front and rear fender wells already. Thanks in advance guys.

Old 03-16-2018, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Vader04
How do you remove the exterior trim below the door? I’ve removed the trim around the front and rear fender wells already. Thanks in advance guys.
I had asked this question a few weeks ago with no replies.

I know there are push rivets on the inner aspect of the trim piece, under the rock sliders. However, after those were out I pulled extremely hard with no luck. It almost seems like the rock sliders need to come off and the trim piece rotates downward and out to release the front clips. I never got mine off so I just taped off the rig when I Raptor Lined all my plastics.

Old 03-17-2018, 07:18 AM

Yeah I pulled all the rivets first. After I realized it was still being held on by something I even pulled the rock sliders off to inspect further. I can’t get that trim off to save my life. I might end up taping it off as well. I’m also rhino lining/painting trim and fender wells. Thanks for the reply.

Originally Posted by LoJac963
I had asked this question a few weeks ago with no replies.

I know there are push rivets on the inner aspect of the trim piece, under the rock sliders. However, after those were out I pulled extremely hard with no luck. It almost seems like the rock sliders need to come off and the trim piece rotates downward and out to release the front clips. I never got mine off so I just taped off the rig when I Raptor Lined all my plastics.

Old 03-18-2018, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Vader04
Yeah I pulled all the rivets first. After I realized it was still being held on by something I even pulled the rock sliders off to inspect further. I can’t get that trim off to save my life. I might end up taping it off as well. I’m also rhino lining/painting trim and fender wells. Thanks for the reply.

Oh wow that's interesting you pulled the rock sliders and the damned things still didn't come off. I have a remote oil filter kit on my driver rock sliders which was why I didn't pull mine but glad I didn't!

I finished my project a couple weeks ago if you want to check out the pics they are at the end of my build thread.