Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

PSA: Do NOT Silicone Your Marker Lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2024, 11:01 PM
Default PSA: Do NOT Silicone Your Marker Lights

I’m out here replacing all of my marker lights. Figured I’d share what happens when you silicone them and have to replace the bulbs. It involves about 30 min per light, a heat gun, plastic and metal scrapers, and a little bit of paint removal.

just don’t do it. Go buy gaskets or make your own. It’s not worth it.

also I’m replacing with Amazon aftermarket red/amber partsam brand. Which suck. The only ones I could find have chrome trim. I just painted it black. And they have gooey adhesive oozing from all over. The centers are too big horizontally so some of them don’t clip in and have to be modified. I already broke one. And for the corner lights they gave me three passenger side gaskets and only one drivers side gasket. I can flip it over but that means the adhesive side is down on the roof. Fine for now but really annoying.
Lastly, they are sooooo ugly.

Old 02-18-2024, 11:37 AM

Thank you! I've said and warned about using silicone on them for several years. Most do not listen though.... Makes changing a bulb later a nightmare and its near impossible to remove 100% of the silicone later.