Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

passenger HID wont turn on when using auto lights?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 07:24 PM

thanks for the replies! yeah sorry i switched ballast but same thing!

idrk why it does that with auto headlights but whatever
i actually tried the parking brake thing but it didnt seem to work, ill maybe try again because i think what i did was put on parking brake, shut off truck, lock doors wait for lights to turn on and try it again and the lights still turned on. ill try leaving the parking brake on and then trying in the evening, maybe it needs longer

i believe however a figured a vehicle specific work around for me!!
my remote start wasnt installed properly, for example when i get in my truck and insert the key and start driving it still doesnt aknolwedge that the truck is on and doesnt turn on the lights. what i have to do is insert the key and put it in the run position or whatever and hit the remote start button again for it to aknowledge that i am actually in the truck. i never got it fixed but my work around that worked earlier was this.
remote start truck
get in, move the light switch to parking lights
put key in, turn key to run and hit remote start again
truck "senses" that im in the truck now and doesnt turn the lights on, and then i go all the way up to the headlamps on the switch, wait 5 seconds and quickly shoot it back down to auto.
and then im all set!! dont have to worry about any hot restrinking or having to check if my bulb actually turned on

Old 10-20-2020, 07:57 AM

Ah - actually on our H2's the parking brake might not cut the headlights off. I know it does on some of the GM trucks but I've honestly not checked that on my H2 so it is possible it does not.

Old 10-20-2020, 04:33 PM

yeah i heard the same thing from someone else but sadly i dont think it does. i tried it again today. another problem tho maybe i can change it in the settings tho i cant remember if i can in the h2. but i tried my remote start trick and it would have been PERFECT however i noticed that the the truck does some feedback thing where it flashes the lights ahaha, so that ruins the point of trying to do that to disable the lights cuz in that case the lights are obvs turning off and on very fast which isnt the best for hid/bulb

ill try and update if i find a method