Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Parasitic drain non fuse any thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2023, 03:35 PM

To the OP. Have you considered that you may just have a weak battery? Basing this on your comments.

Before you go chasing parasitic draws, you are better off to haul your battery to the store and get them to do a ”load-drop test” on it. My local store will do it free.

That should have been your FIRST step.

Old 02-14-2023, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by finall
To the OP. Have you considered that you may just have a weak battery? Basing this on your comments.

Before you go chasing parasitic draws, you are better off to haul your battery to the store and get them to do a ”load-drop test” on it. My local store will do it free.

That should have been your FIRST step.
I did do that. That was a bad battery. This battery is brand new. Thx again everyone for comments. Have learned crazy amount of info of last few months. Going to work on it tonight will let everyone know how it goes.

Old 02-14-2023, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Vax1op369
I could be reading it wrong and draw is fine, do have a fluke meter coming in a few days. Im pretty sure it should say .05 or around that. Its been that way for who knows how many miles 50,000 maybe more. The rear wiper blade button was upside down when i got it. The cord was unplugged. Crazy…
1 ohm 10 watt resistor

Old 02-14-2023, 06:45 PM

I did do that. That was a bad battery. This battery is brand new. Thx again everyone for comments. Have learned crazy amount of info of last few months. Going to work on it tonight will let everyone know how it goes.
Just because the battery is new, does not mean it is good. Just like not all new engines are good, or tires. Some have defects.
Test it before you waste your time further.

Old 02-14-2023, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by finall
Just because the battery is new, does not mean it is good. Just like not all new engines are good, or tires. Some have defects.
Test it before you waste your time further.
So true, happened to me last year two times, it was a bad batch of batteries.

Get a battery tester, technology wise they're amazing, so underestimated, very low cost and will take out all the guesswork and messing around with batteries.

Last edited by oceanbrave; 02-16-2023 at 06:14 PM.
Old 02-17-2023, 05:43 PM

Vax1op369 did you manage to resolve your battery drain issue?

... keep us posted 👍

Old 02-17-2023, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by oceanbrave
Vax1op369 did you manage to resolve your battery drain issue?

... keep us posted 👍
Hey Brave, Cant say 100% just yet, but things have been going great. Battery was only .15 milla amps drain every time I checked over last week. Battery was holding at 11.88 after a few days of not firing him up. The H2 has been fired up just fine. The fluke meter that I ordered came in but the battery connecter on the back was broken. Kinda bummer… Was an amazon 2nd hand item. Just will have to return.Did order the ohm checker that was recommended. Just put official first 1000 miles on H2 been loving every moment of it!! Cant believe how well its been coming along. Really excited to share with you and this community. Going to try to win H2 of the month. Haha. Again major THANK YOU to everyone replying to the thread really have learned a ton.

Old 02-17-2023, 06:51 PM

Cool photo filling up a thirsty Hummer

Before touching up…

After touching up grill, bumper, rails. Looks better than factory!!! 185K Miles. Still more detailing to do.

Old 02-17-2023, 06:52 PM

Battery was holding at 11.88 after a few days of not firing him up.

Old 02-17-2023, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz

Will get the battery load test done next. Will have to return battery. Sounds like a bad batch. Good follow up, thx man

Quick Reply: Parasitic drain non fuse any thoughts?