Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

p0332 knock sensor issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2021, 07:42 AM
Default p0332 knock sensor issue

so i just bought a new radiator cap from autozone, duratrash brand. that was a fatal mistake for my radiator. the cap wouldn't relieve pressure anf apparently the oil cooler tank seams was the weakest point and it blew a nice size hole in it. coolant went all over my engine compartment, even making its way thru my air filter thru my intake which gave me i thick cloud of white smoke. i pulled over immediately, temp never got over 215 i replaced the radiator, along with some hoses...a new oem cap...cleaned the motor as much as i could...cleaned the air filter(CAI), mass air flow, changed the oil...i wiped down the throttle body but didnt deep clean it. anyways took it for a ride didnt even get a half mile and i got the p0332 code. is this just a coincidence or is this related to my coolant bath? anybody dealt with this.

Last edited by yellabummer; 12-22-2021 at 01:22 PM.
Old 12-19-2021, 12:18 PM

Knock Sensor (KS) Circuit Low Voltage Bank 2. The KS signal circuits are shorted to voltage or ground.

Old 12-20-2021, 08:57 AM

Cleaning up that top end of the engine around the intake either got water or coolant under the intake..... Never ever direct water or anything (might have been unavoidable in this scenario) liquid towards the lower front of the intake above the water pump. There is a tunnel under the intake where the knock sensors are the original sensor grommets get hard and will let water down onto the knock sensor which ruins it. Been a number of threads on here on replacing them. Not terribly hard to do but does take several hours to take the entire intake and whatnot off to replace them.

Go ahead and get a new set of intake manifold gaskets which you will need and ONLY get genuine ACDelco knock sensors.

Couple of threads on replacing them...

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...-sensor-43893/

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...project-38097/

Old 12-22-2021, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
Cleaning up that top end of the engine around the intake either got water or coolant under the intake..... Never ever direct water or anything (might have been unavoidable in this scenario) liquid towards the lower front of the intake above the water pump. There is a tunnel under the intake where the knock sensors are the original sensor grommets get hard and will let water down onto the knock sensor which ruins it. Been a number of threads on here on replacing them. Not terribly hard to do but does take several hours to take the entire intake and whatnot off to replace them.

Go ahead and get a new set of intake manifold gaskets which you will need and ONLY get genuine ACDelco knock sensors.

Couple of threads on replacing them...

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...-sensor-43893/

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...project-38097/

i appreciate the advice, i kept clearing the code, it kept coming back. so i tried bypassing the sensor, splicing the green wire(bank 2) into the blue wire. it seemed to work. before id get maybe a qtr/half mile before it lit up. last night i got 20 miles, rode like a dream. then on the way back home, check engine light came back on. also a symptom i failed to mention from the get go.a burning smell, almost like a wire burning. ive ordered the sensors but they wont be here until after Christmas. all oem. i know gm is picky. im wondering if i should run some seafoam thru my intake and give it a deep clean, could be carbon build up but also some coolant... and maybe its actually giving it knock. i mean i dont hear an actual knock, but i do feel it skipping a little, and im getting a few misfires(2 or 3) on 2 or 3 random cylinders at once when i rev it to 2000 rpms and let off. i guess it wouldn't hurt to clean the intake out. its worth a shot in the mean time.

Old 12-22-2021, 03:06 PM

Unlikely coolant penetrated through the KS. When misfires occur, decarbonization is highly recommended.Bulletin No.: 16-NA-383

Old 12-23-2021, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Unlikely coolant penetrated through the KS. When misfires occur, decarbonization is highly recommended.Bulletin No.: 16-NA-383
https://youtu.be/O5N_Z1W6mho

great minds think alike, already went and bought some. will update shortly