Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Opinions on Winch Bumpers Wanted!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 09:43 PM
Default Opinions on Winch Bumpers Wanted!!

Alright gents, so my rig has been a garage queen for a while now. Lately I've been taking her offroad almost every weekend. I am in the market for a winch bumper and stupid me never bought the Warn or other bumpers when the market was flooded with them.

These are the choices I can find:

Iron Bull-similar to Road Armor/Road Rhino but about an hour and a half away from home so I'll save on shipping:

Cost: $1,400

Name:  Iron%20Bull1_1.jpg
Views: 1970
Size:  78.8 KB

Name:  Iron%20Bull_1.jpg
Views: 1220
Size:  62.6 KB

Fusion Bumpers

Cost shipped to me: $1,840-includes the winch plate for the bumper

Name:  Fusion%20Bumpers_1.jpg
Views: 1789
Size:  229.4 KB

Fabricator out of Montana-Still waiting to hear on a final price.

Name:  Western%20Montana%20Fabrication.png
Views: 3532
Size:  544.1 KB

Tell my which one you prefer and why. I'm not a serious hardcore offroader so approach angles are a massive issue and not a deterrent for any bumper.

Thanks gents!

Old 03-15-2017, 08:15 AM

I really like the second one. It just looks badass. If I had to choose, just based on looks, I'd go with that one.

The only things I'd consider are:
1. Do you want it to look OEM? If so, the one out of montana would be a great choice.
2. Do you plan on adding more lighting? If so, the Iron Bull (like Road Armor) would allow for more lights to be mounted. I'm not sure if Iron Bull can cut more lights, but it never hurts to have a second set of signals &/or lights for offroading/dark desolate roads.

I took a look at your build on another site & noticed you have no lights in the skid plate. I'm guessing it'll stay that way?

I think the fusion bumper will really look good w/ your fender flares and still provide a little more protection from large objects compared to the Iron Bull or the 3rd version.

Any plans for a rear bumper?

Old 03-15-2017, 09:53 AM

Fusion bumper looks clean and tidy and OEM(ish), but that big *** mad max look alike, looks badass indeed.

An alternative is what we have here in russia. I've not seen the actual quality, or have any idea on the cost of shipping, but these guys do similar here....

https://www.drive2.com/o/b/2879850/
https://www.drive2.com/o/b/2663630/
https://www.drive2.com/o/b/2617080/

This is all their work you can scroll through...
https://www.drive2.com/o/KRUpoint/blog#blog

Whatever you go with, it will look cool!

Old 03-15-2017, 09:55 AM

That last option would look cool if they could sit it back a little to make it flush with the trim holding the DRLs (IMO). Not sure if it's possible, but just a thought.

Old 03-15-2017, 12:47 PM

I like the custom out of Montana, keep us posted on the cost for one of those! Also maybe some contact info?

Old 03-15-2017, 06:42 PM

I'll cast the dissenting vote: I like the Iron Bull, 2nd is the one out of MT. Don't care for the Fusion. I'm just going with the 2" receiver version, need a quick removable solution. But the Iron Bull and MT look pretty mean.

Old 03-16-2017, 11:53 PM

Thanks for the opinions gents. I really like the OEM look of the Montana one but I have still not heard back from them. They told me the bumpers are still being made but after inquiring on a price-still nothing so I have a feeling they are out.

I do like the Fusion bumper but no pics of the bumper with the winch plate installed-it would obviously look different than the second pic with a winch place and fairlead. They did say they could build it without the side tubes so it would look more factory. The price is the deterring factor on that one.

Iron Bull, price isn't terrible, definitely cheaper than the Fusion plus they are about 1.5 hours from my house so no shipping costs or tax which saves well over $200. I don't think it looks bad....

Decisions decisions......

Old 03-16-2017, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Synthetickiller
I really like the second one. It just looks badass. If I had to choose, just based on looks, I'd go with that one.

The only things I'd consider are:
1. Do you want it to look OEM? If so, the one out of montana would be a great choice.
2. Do you plan on adding more lighting? If so, the Iron Bull (like Road Armor) would allow for more lights to be mounted. I'm not sure if Iron Bull can cut more lights, but it never hurts to have a second set of signals &/or lights for offroading/dark desolate roads.

I took a look at your build on another site & noticed you have no lights in the skid plate. I'm guessing it'll stay that way?

I think the fusion bumper will really look good w/ your fender flares and still provide a little more protection from large objects compared to the Iron Bull or the 3rd version.

Any plans for a rear bumper?

What do you mean, no lights on the skid plate? I have the Plus1 light bar on the skid plate.

Originally Posted by Baldfox
That last option would look cool if they could sit it back a little to make it flush with the trim holding the DRLs (IMO). Not sure if it's possible, but just a thought.

I doubt they can, same with the Warn bumper. It sticks out to allow room for the winch, I believe the winches on those style bumpers are mounted to the bumper-not to the front hit mount.

Originally Posted by H2duramax
I like the custom out of Montana, keep us posted on the cost for one of those! Also maybe some contact info?

I found them online and contacted them through Facebook. I will shoot them another message to see if they'll get back to me. Maybe I'll tell them a few are interested to peak their interest. I'll keep this thread updated if I hear anything.

Originally Posted by flyday58
I'll cast the dissenting vote: I like the Iron Bull, 2nd is the one out of MT. Don't care for the Fusion. I'm just going with the 2" receiver version, need a quick removable solution. But the Iron Bull and MT look pretty mean.

I had bought a front hitch winch mount until I realized my rig wouldn't fit in the garage with the winch mounted. It's one of those things I really don't want to take on and off just to fit in the garage.

Old 03-17-2017, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
What do you mean, no lights on the skid plate? I have the Plus1 light bar on the skid plate.
Ah, I just noticed that!

Old 03-17-2017, 07:09 PM

I vote Fusion .. Looks tough...
Iron bull looks nice too . Will be my 2nd choice
Montana .. personally I don't like it at all ... Too simple and elegant

Quick Reply: Opinions on Winch Bumpers Wanted!!