Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

New culprit for soaked passenger floor

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 07:33 PM

I am suspecting that the a/c drain is plugged and the water is pooling in the main duct and then draining on the driver floor. It does not get a lot of water now but does get wet. Passenger floor is always dry.

It was also the outer front lights (when I got it 3 weeks ago it was raining and the floor was drenched) as the rubber grommets were not sealed when I checked them. Pulling everything off the roof this weekend and checking the sunroof.

Here is a link to someone at least thinking they have the problem that I think I have... http://www.justanswer.com/gmc/6k8lm-...hummer-h2.html

Last edited by fnfal308; 04-17-2014 at 03:17 PM.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:13 PM

I have an 03 H2 and it is also very wet on the passengers side floor. All of the post I am seeing point towards the sunroof drain. Mine doesn't have a sunroof. Any other ideas what can be causing this?

Old 05-31-2014, 08:30 PM

did you check the drain holes under the roof lights if its clogged up it will drain in the floor. I had the same issue on my 06 except i was getting water leaking through all 4 roof lights anyway i took it to the dealer and they blew out the drain holes not to exceed 35 psi or you will blow a leak in the tubes. The problem is now solved no further issues with leaking and it only cost me 65 dollars. Initially i had no idea there were drain holes under the lights i was trouble shooting the leak and pulled one of the lights to find the drain holes with wires from the lights going down in it. Maybe you should give it a try could be a lot less expensive than some of the other options you are trying.
James Swayne Pensacola Fl. and yes i own a H-2 Hummer and damn proud of it.

Old 07-03-2023, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Dieseldrums
I have an 03 H2 . It had a musty wet smell to it and I started noticing a small water stain in the front corner of the headliner on the passengers side.
I sealed all my roof lights and that seemed to fix the issue then later I started noticing the passenger floor getting wet under the floormat( but the floormat dry).

So next I cleaned and blew out the sunroof drain hoses after which they drained well.

Then today after a hard rain I found the passenger floor flooded!And no, the drain hoses did not come apart or leak when I cleaned them out.

So doing my water hose leak check it seemed like it was leaking when I sprayed the windshield. I thought the windshield might be leaking so I took the cowl off the front (the part over the wipers) and found that the sunroof drain hose comes out the fire wall just above the air conditioning intake for the fan!!

The gasket around this plastic intake opening was pretty bad as well as the gasket for the plastic piece the fits directly over the opening.I've sealed the hell out of all this and will test for water leak tomorrow.

I HAVE SAME THING HAPPENING NOW, PONDS IN THE FLOOR BOARDS, and the grab bars by the front doors, headliner is stained and fabric ruined, still not sure where water is coming from buts its dripped thru the onstar, ,, by sun visor, down front of windshield,i have noticed tho the door weather stripping for sure needs replaced, now trying to find it, already changed all the gaskets on all 5 running lights on roof,,,,what a mess,

Old 09-04-2023, 04:22 PM

@Dieseldrums how did you fix that?

Old 09-04-2023, 05:00 PM

did you check the rubber plugs on the corner lights the harness wires go through? they shrink and let water in. need to seal them up. the light gaskets for the corners do not seal off those plugs. they are located right in the gutter of the roof where the water runs through. really bad design.

Old 09-04-2023, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
did you check the rubber plugs on the corner lights the harness wires go through? they shrink and let water in. need to seal them up. the light gaskets for the corners do not seal off those plugs. they are located right in the gutter of the roof where the water runs through. really bad design.
@bronxteck i am so wore out with it all,watching this beautiful Hummer go to hell,floors soaked, water comes thru onstar, water comes thru grab bars, the wiper motor and wipers went nuts, have to put their fuses, now the a/c blend doors? have went stupid and air only comes thru defroster, AND THEN GOT STUCK ON even when i shut engine off, so i pulled the 40 amp fuse ,I am a female and mechanics charge like $180 per hour or more,, i am trying to do what i can MYSELF,, i did manage to change the over cab light seals, but didnt realize the corner lights have plugs, i will try to google to see what they look like, i see that people keep mentioning the drains, BUT BRONXTECH i did catch on the weather stripping on front doors that attach to pinch weld, going in to the turn by windshield has shrunk and wont hook to pinch weld now, and water does come thru it, its ruined the headliner,,, but i ordered new weather stripping,,now i will try to see what the plugs look like so i know what to look for,thank you all help is appreciated,,

Old 09-05-2023, 09:37 AM

Here's a good Youtube video on how to properly remove the air vents and cowl without damage:

It's actually the complete procedure of an H2 windshield replacement but goes into great detail on how to remove the vents and cowls and goes over the pitfalls of not doing it correctly. Worth watching!

Here is another good video about the cowl assembly and how water can get into the blower motor.

Last edited by H2-SUT; 09-05-2023 at 09:43 AM.
Old 09-05-2023, 09:53 AM

i used a small strip of i think it was either 1/4" or 3/8" (whatever the rubber molding curve would hold) 3M double faced VHB tape on the inside part facing the metal of the top curve from windshield to roof molding. that helped keep that corner in it's place. if you look at the molding at that corner you will see an area that looks like it might have had adhesive at one time.

for the cab corners you can see in the video below
https://www.google.com/search?q=h2+r...id:KOT8o-5McBM

Last edited by bronxteck; 09-05-2023 at 10:12 AM.
Old 09-05-2023, 06:42 PM

@bronxteck thank you so very much

Quick Reply: New culprit for soaked passenger floor