Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

New culprit for soaked passenger floor

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 06:59 PM
Default New culprit for soaked passenger floor

I have an 03 H2 . It had a musty wet smell to it and I started noticing a small water stain in the front corner of the headliner on the passengers side.
I sealed all my roof lights and that seemed to fix the issue then later I started noticing the passenger floor getting wet under the floormat( but the floormat dry).

So next I cleaned and blew out the sunroof drain hoses after which they drained well.

Then today after a hard rain I found the passenger floor flooded!And no, the drain hoses did not come apart or leak when I cleaned them out.

So doing my water hose leak check it seemed like it was leaking when I sprayed the windshield. I thought the windshield might be leaking so I took the cowl off the front (the part over the wipers) and found that the sunroof drain hose comes out the fire wall just above the air conditioning intake for the fan!!

The gasket around this plastic intake opening was pretty bad as well as the gasket for the plastic piece the fits directly over the opening.I've sealed the hell out of all this and will test for water leak tomorrow.

Attached Thumbnails New culprit for soaked passenger floor-hummer-drain1.jpg   New culprit for soaked passenger floor-hummer-drain2.jpg   New culprit for soaked passenger floor-hummer-drain3.jpg   New culprit for soaked passenger floor-hummer-drain4.jpg  
Old 03-30-2014, 08:57 AM

Thanks for the pics, nice job.

Old 03-31-2014, 08:41 AM

Thanks for the picts , i need to track down a leak on my 04 drivers side ......

Old 03-31-2014, 07:40 PM

Great info thanks for sharing...I'm having my windshield replaced as soon as it gets warmer (gotta remove limb risers, winch and snorkel to open hood/remove cowl) and definetly am gonna seal mine up when I have the windshield done...thanks again for sharing!

Old 04-04-2014, 08:20 PM

My driver side is getting wet and its not raining. I am sure it is onlt happening when I run the A/C - as I did today.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:47 PM

thanks for the pics and information.

How did you remove that section? how hard? It looks like you removed the entire cowl from passenger side all the way to the driver side, correct? I am in the process of painting my hummer and if I can remove this whole section that would make things alot easier! Then the hood is easy to do while it's flipped up!

thanks!!

Old 04-05-2014, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by accely
thanks for the pics and information.

How did you remove that section? how hard? It looks like you removed the entire cowl from passenger side all the way to the driver side, correct? I am in the process of painting my hummer and if I can remove this whole section that would make things alot easier! Then the hood is easy to do while it's flipped up!

thanks!!

It was pretty easy, first flip up the little metal tabs at the base of the wipers where they attatch and pull the wipers off (pull hard!). Then the right and left raised cowls pull right off they have 4 clips holding them. (don't let them get away from you as they pop off)

Under those there are 1 small torx screw each side

there are 2 large plastic push pins under the hood where it meets the cowl on the right and left side

Then the entire cowl has 4 metal clips, 2 on the drivers side around the wiper attatchment area. One is near the windshield and one closer to the hood.Same on passenger side.Once you lift up on one side look under it and you can see where they are.

I used a small plastic prybar about 5 inches long to help. When pulling up the cowl try to pull on it as close to the clips as poss.

The rubber hose for the wiper fluid just pulls off
where it connects to the small plastic squirt holes in the cowl underneath

Finally when pulling it off, just be carefull working it around the wiper attatchments and the corners by the windshield molding. It's actually easier than it sounds.

Good luck brother

Old 04-05-2014, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Dieseldrums
It was pretty easy, first flip up the little metal tabs at the base of the wipers where they attatch and pull the wipers off (pull hard!). Then the right and left raised cowls pull right off they have 4 clips holding them. (don't let them get away from you as they pop off)

Under those there are 1 small torx screw each side

there are 2 large plastic push pins under the hood where it meets the cowl on the right and left side

Then the entire cowl has 4 metal clips, 2 on the drivers side around the wiper attatchment area. One is near the windshield and one closer to the hood.Same on passenger side.Once you lift up on one side look under it and you can see where they are.

I used a small plastic prybar about 5 inches long to help. When pulling up the cowl try to pull on it as close to the clips as poss.

The rubber hose for the wiper fluid just pulls off
where it connects to the small plastic squirt holes in the cowl underneath

Finally when pulling it off, just be carefull working it around the wiper attatchments and the corners by the windshield molding. It's actually easier than it sounds.

Good luck brother
great thanks!

Old 04-16-2014, 06:45 PM

Am I crazy, or does a 2005 drain below the accumulator? Or both?

EDIT: I guess I should have read the orig post better (was thinking a/c drain). Still, I did not see any drain above the opening for the fan like in your pic. I may have to check again.

I did let the a/c run for awhile and no water drained out of the a/c drain. I will run it in the morning all the way to work to try to get some drainage...

Last edited by fnfal308; 04-16-2014 at 06:56 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:25 PM

Mine is an 03, not sure if the 05 would have the sunroof drain in the same place. My leak came in around the a/c opening, not IN it, so I had major water coming down the firewall under the dash pooling up on the passenger floor.

Dry as a bone now that I sealed that tho.

Fnfal308....If you're getting it on the drivers side you have other issues.

Last edited by Dieseldrums; 04-16-2014 at 07:27 PM.

Quick Reply: New culprit for soaked passenger floor