PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help with Connector Identification for LED Bar

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 01:52 PM
Default Need Help with Connector Identification for LED Bar

Hi guys,
As the title suggests, can anyone help me identify the correct connector in the diagram ? I would like to swap my OEM Mickey Mouse ear light bar, for a a modern 50 or 52" LED One. I want to retain the original though and store it.
Therefore i am ideally looking to find the connector so I can literally swap the bars over (the relays and switch from the existing are already plumbed in).

Anyone know where i can buy a connector to marry up to the existing loom ? Also does anyone have a 52" curve one on this rig, and if so, how does it look alongside the contour of the truck.

Thanks

Old 06-15-2015, 08:08 AM

I'm sure you could find a connector looking around online or at a parts store.

I HATE cutting into my factory wiring. What I do is remove the pins from the factor connector and solder the pins directly to whatever I am wiring in. That way it is completely reversible. Personally I would go that route.

Old 06-15-2015, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
I'm sure you could find a connector looking around online or at a parts store.

I HATE cutting into my factory wiring. What I do is remove the pins from the factor connector and solder the pins directly to whatever I am wiring in. That way it is completely reversible. Personally I would go that route.
Good point, didn't think of that. I've never actually got my hands on one of these connectors before, so am not even sure how the pins come out. I am assuming that the relay side of things has already been done in the loom, and i'd literally just plug in the led bar instead of mickey's ears... maybe i'm getting that wrong?!

Old 06-16-2015, 05:28 PM

I would assume the same. The relay side from the truck should be ready to go. Pins are usually held in by a small tab on each pin. I use one of my many dental picks I keep in the garage for sliding down the sides of the pin to release that small tab. Sometimes if you shine a flashlight into the holes you can see the tab, sometimes not. Usually just working around each side of the pin you can usually work the pins free. I also take a pic of two just for future reference if I want to put the pins back in the factory plug.

Old 06-17-2015, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
I would assume the same. The relay side from the truck should be ready to go. Pins are usually held in by a small tab on each pin. I use one of my many dental picks I keep in the garage for sliding down the sides of the pin to release that small tab. Sometimes if you shine a flashlight into the holes you can see the tab, sometimes not. Usually just working around each side of the pin you can usually work the pins free. I also take a pic of two just for future reference if I want to put the pins back in the factory plug.

Sounds like a good idea. Will get the LED bar and take things from there. Torn between an Aurora one, or a cheaper version on eBay!

Old 06-17-2015, 06:11 PM

I personally cannot justify the price on the name brand LED bars especially considering all those high end companies are buying the components from over seas.

However, I did replace my 2 rear lights with 6" LED single row bars. So much brighter than the cheap lights I had but after the first wash there was water in the bars. I guess you get what you pay for.....

I'm trying to find a cheap route to go for 4-12" bars to replace the lights on the front of the rack but I don't want the same thing happening to them as the rear lights.