Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Misfire

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 12:38 AM

i have same problem and with same mileage, car misfires.
Did you solve what was wrong in your car?

Old 05-14-2012, 08:25 AM

I changed the plugs and wires. I used the NGK Iridium plugs and the Bosch wires, the wires are about 2 - 3 inches longer than the OEM and they aren't stretched from the coil to the plug. The plugs are difficult to get to, however,,,, remove the three T15 torx screws and about 10 of the removeable plastice body rivets and the inner fender well comes right out and the plugs are right in front of you, made it a lot easier.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:57 AM

@Transit
What was problem in your case? maybe O2 sensors?

@fireman2020
Was your car also misfiring with 1, 5, 6, 8 cylinders?

Old 04-02-2013, 10:53 AM

I had no codes generated or engine light,, it was just an obvious misfire due to the plug wires being to short.

Old 06-18-2013, 11:42 AM

My 03 H2 developed a strange miss fire pattern and lost all power and would over heat quickly. After a few hours of simple trouble ie. checking spark wire changing plugs inspecting coil packs, hooking the truck up to a scan tool, and quite a few beers. my brother (professional diesel mechanic) and I came to the conclusion that the cats must be stopped up. Because stopped up cats would create excess back pressure and heat on the engine and at a certain point would likely cause the emc to start miss firing the engine at random to keep it from getting to hot and harming the engine.
The error codes did not directly tell us that this is the problem. I gutted the cats and the problem immediately when away. This happened on my truck @ 65,000 miles.
What to look for:
engine over heating (if your tstat is good)
slugish throttle response

random miss fire codes
check engine light flashing (indicating a miss fire condition is occurring)
complete loss of power
loss of throttle response
high water temps (even after engine running only a short time)

Don't know if this is your problem but I know it was mine
hope it helps

Old 06-18-2013, 02:14 PM

had same issue around @ 90,000miles. changed plug and wires with o.e. parts and problem solved. It really only misfired when the supercharger engaged. was weird.

Old 12-22-2017, 11:13 AM

I don't mean to bring this post back from the dead but I used the infamous search button and the OP in this thread experienced the EXACT same problem as I'm going through right now. I need to know if the OP fixed his problem and if so how did he do it?

Mine is the EXACT same problem miss fires on cyl 1/5/6/8 only around 2500 rpm.

Parts replaced already with new:
Injectors
coil packs
plug wires
spark plugs
knock sensors
knock sensor harness
intake manifold gaskets
all 4 O2 sensors
new AFE dry air filter
Cleaned the MAF using maf cleaner

The only things I haven't changed out so far are the exhaust manifolds and gaskets, and the cats. I do have receipts from the previous owner I found in the glove box where the exhaust gaskets were changed and new manifolds were installed with new bolts because a few broke (all dealer repaired).

I do have an Altel scan tool and the code is P0300 multiple miss fires, every damn time!

Please help.

Old 09-02-2018, 04:57 PM
Default Any Solution.

Originally Posted by ericherm1
I don't mean to bring this post back from the dead but I used the infamous search button and the OP in this thread experienced the EXACT same problem as I'm going through right now. I need to know if the OP fixed his problem and if so how did he do it?

Mine is the EXACT same problem miss fires on cyl 1/5/6/8 only around 2500 rpm.

Parts replaced already with new:
Injectors
coil packs
plug wires
spark plugs
knock sensors
knock sensor harness
intake manifold gaskets
all 4 O2 sensors
new AFE dry air filter
Cleaned the MAF using maf cleaner

The only things I haven't changed out so far are the exhaust manifolds and gaskets, and the cats. I do have receipts from the previous owner I found in the glove box where the exhaust gaskets were changed and new manifolds were installed with new bolts because a few broke (all dealer repaired).

I do have an Altel scan tool and the code is P0300 multiple miss fires, every damn time!

Please help.
ERICHERM1, did you ever resolve this issue? What did it finally end up being? I am getting the constant P0300 code as well.

Thanks,
Coffey

Old 09-02-2018, 06:01 PM

Yes sir!

I had to have the dealer do a crank sensor reset. The service writer looked at me like I was crazy and didn’t believe me about the service. He had too double check with his senior mechanic. Fortunately he knew exactly what I needed. The service has to be done through a GM all data tool and was less than $50.

Old 08-10-2020, 07:48 PM
Default Mis fire

Originally Posted by Transit
I have a 2003 Hummer H2. It misfires on cylinder 1, 5, 6, and 8. However it doesn't start the misfire until 2500 rpm and 1 and 6 are the worst. I have changed the plugs, the plug wires, the coils, the injectors, the intakegaskets (update P/N 89017589), the intake and exhaust manifolds and gaskets, and removed the aftermarket alarm system. I for the life of me can not think of what else could be causing this misfire, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Had issue on 2003 - 200000 miles. Bad wire connectors. Intermittent connection. Wires old and dried out. Bought new harnesses for coil ignition plug and play both sides. Solved no more issue.