Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

03 H2 front windshield wipers don't work

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2020, 10:48 PM
Default 03 H2 front windshield wipers don't work

Help, new H2 owner here, my front windshield wipers don't work, or do anything, haha, the sprayer works, but the actual wipers don't do anything, I checked the fuse behind driver door, it's good. Could really use some help! I live in WA where we love our rain. It was a gorgeous day when I bought it, didn't even think about testing them out... My mistake. Ugh, anyways, any information is appreciated!!

Old 08-11-2020, 05:09 AM

This could be a couple of things, assuming your 2003 has the pulsemodule type. RockAuto lists 2 variants, the older motor I have no knowledge about.

A working washer means power is going to the module, try your rear wash, this may also be working.

Usually it's the pulse module which is fairly easily to replace (watch
to get the general idea) Damp gets into the module and corrodes the PCB inside which affects operation, another common fault are the wipers continuing to run by themselves.

A new pulsemodule from RockAuto costs $66, a new wiper motor (pulsemodule type) is $212

It is possible to repair the module, I have a repaired one my desk, but removing the PCB requires advanced soldering techiques so is beyond most people. If you are lucky the problem will be on the exposed PCB side, quite a few people have found this.

Another possible is a fault is the windsheld switch or wiring. There is a single wire running from the switch to the pulsemodule (see pink wire in pdf) this controls the speed using a series of resistors to set a control voltage. If there is a problem with the switch or wiring, this could also cause a simlar problem (less common)

Here are some views of the wiper module that may help, note the long yellow/gold connector pins are "moulded" into the housing and do not come out, only shown for reference. The fault is usually corrosion around RL1 (either side of the PCB) note your PCB will not have component references.

Please post your endeavors

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
FrontWasherDiagram.pdf (22.9 KB, 70 views)

Last edited by oceanbrave; 08-11-2020 at 02:27 PM.