Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Looking For That Parasitic Drain?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2024, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by mattdillon
Thank you, I've had to replace 3 batteries in the last 7 months but what I couldn't understand was O'Reilly replaced them all under warranty cause they said they were all bad! I don't understand how they would show up to them as bad, I would have thought their device would have picked that up! Smdh
Every single one of those battery testers at the auto parts stores are bull****.

Old 04-14-2024, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by mattdillon
Thank you, I've had to replace 3 batteries in the last 7 months but what I couldn't understand was O'Reilly replaced them all under warranty cause they said they were all bad! I don't understand how they would show up to them as bad, I would have thought their device would have picked that up! Smdh
Battery needs to be fully charged before testing! When I worked at Sears Auto Center, many would bring in their diehards for warranty, only to find out that Sears had some high tech battery testing equipment. Everyone that worked there called it the "TANK". Put the battery in, connect the cables, close the lid, and press the power button. The machine would then add a charge while testing, then after a few minutes digital readout to show how long the test would take, which took up to 2hrs to fully analyze the battery. I had many upset customers when I told them their diehard tested good and I can't provide a warranty replacement while showing them the printout!

Last edited by hummerz; 04-14-2024 at 04:03 PM.
Old 04-14-2024, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Gavin Costigan
Every single one of those battery testers at the auto parts stores are bull****.
Yes they are. Good Point. If you ever buy a Battery from The Company who's first & Second letter is "A-A" ...don't ever let them change it for you. They hooked up a Battery charger and set it for 12 Volts...disconnected my old battery and installed the new one. When they were done....My Nav Raidio was screwed up!!
Next Battery I get will be the Optina "DH-6" Yellow top. Very Pricy..But I dont G.A.S.

Amazon Amazon

I have a Red Top In The 65 Vette. And the last one lasted 9 1/2 years. Put the battery in yourself. Just plug a 12 volt source into the cig lighter or Computer Port to maintane 12 Volts And do what Ididn't do....PULL THE RADIO FUSE WHEN YO CHANGE THE BATTERY!!!!

Last edited by Mark R; 04-14-2024 at 04:40 PM.
Old 04-15-2024, 06:52 AM
Default Battery drain

I bought a 2003 H2 a little over a month ago, and have been steadily going completely through it. Trace the battery drain to the ignition switch which has the typical GM plastic gear that rotates. The last gear was pretty much worn down and didn't allow the switch to completely turn off. The switch itself is about $20 and takes about 15 minutes. No key relearn necessary or anything, plugs in on the underside of the ignition key cylinder.