Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

LoJac963's H2 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 05:57 PM

Of course Gobi scraped the actual manufacturer part number label off the strut so no one can figure out the specs on it...... You would think they could at least use some goo gone and get the adhesive off before just sticking their label on the old labels adhesive.

Looks great by the way.

Old 10-28-2018, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
Of course Gobi scraped the actual manufacturer part number label off the strut so no one can figure out the specs on it...... You would think they could at least use some goo gone and get the adhesive off before just sticking their label on the old labels adhesive.

Looks great by the way.
No kidding right, that was the first thing I noticed when I took them out of their bags. Very annoying if you consider how long I waited on these parts.

Old 04-29-2019, 12:11 PM

Finally put Bilsteins on the rear. The finish on them is so nice!

Name:  tC9qswd.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  122.2 KB

Old 04-29-2019, 01:46 PM

They do look good. Bet it feels good to have them now on all 4 corners.

One more day before i can order mine or take my spot on the picket line.
Really hoping for the first option..lol

Old 04-30-2019, 05:24 PM

Eventually I need to look at that. Next up for me - brand new Cooper STT Pro 37 x 13.5's on a set of 18" forged Weld wheels.

Old 06-04-2020, 04:04 PM

Really enjoyed this thread. Trying to do some cool stuff to a client's H2 and have gotten some great ideas.

Old 06-04-2020, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Gregg Park
Really enjoyed this thread. Trying to do some cool stuff to a client's H2 and have gotten some great ideas.
I appreciate that! I've put a lot of hard work and time into that old lady lol. Let me know if you have any questions!

Old 06-05-2020, 12:43 AM

We have the same flares as you do. E&G offroad factory finish. Have not installed them yet. Likely going to have a shop do it. My client is looking for a little more street focus. He prefers a 20" wheel with some or all chrome finish. I personally dig the black 17's like you have with more tire but it's not my H2. He doesn't want to go with a lift if possible. Leveling kit is fine. Looking to choose some meaty, all-terrain tires that fill out the flares as much as possible, much like what you did. We don't want rubbing issues but I know it's going to be close if we're trying to get as much tire in there as possible. I don't know what the difference is between "backspacing" and "offset". Are they the same thing? I just want to be able to pick out a set of wheels and tires with the confidence that I'm going to get the best stance / look possible. Budget isn't a big issue. He bought the H2 new and just likes it and has decided to upgrade it. It's only got 22,000 miles on it but the OEM tires are cracked and dangerous, the OEM chrome wheels are peeling. The shocks are due for replacement. Planning on doing some AMP electric running boards, some lighting, exhaust, and a few (not too many I hope) chrome accents. H2 is factory black all original paint and super clean. Also going to upgrade audio system but that project is going to wait until after the exterior stuff. If anyone has photos of 20" wheels and tires that fit like your 17's fit with the wide flares and they can tell me the offset / backspacing they have it would be much appreciated.

Old 06-05-2020, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by HummininTX
Bone stock '08 Ultra Marine addition, with 325/60 R20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, 10 x 20 Moto Metal wheels, after market brush guard & nerf bars, front window tint.
First of all, all your work on getting the pictures and information loaded is appreciated more than you can imagine. As someone who has only had their truck a few months and just getting started, your pics and information have been the single most informative source I have found. I too want to modify some suspension components and do the lift that you have done. Would there be some way I could contact you directly with a few questions?
This is the look that my client is going for with his black H2, although we've got the E&G off-road flares going on so possibly even very slightly wider track? Do you have any photos from the direct front or rear to show how far the tires go past the factory flares? Do you know the offset / backspacing on those Moto Metal wheels?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Gregg

Old 06-07-2020, 10:05 AM

That is not my rig. Typically one does not post other rigs on a build thread (the original post, not you) but you can reach out to humminTX if you'd like.

Quick Reply: LoJac963's H2 Build Thread