PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior mods for a new H2

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 10:54 PM
Default Interior mods for a new H2

does anybody have experience with interior mods for an H2 such as the dash kits available here and there?

for example, from this source:
dash kit
picture of that kit

or this one(s):
another one

those look pretty good, modled into shape. one asks for the factory pieces to be returned to them, so i assume they use them in the making process somehow??

or these, which are really inexpensive:
low cost dash kit

alternately, does anybody know anything about having a dash just completely re-done? leather and carpet are doable. i'm fairly flexible with price, but i'm going to cry like a teething child if it comes out looking like i smeared some masking tape on my truck dash.

thanks,

g

Old 04-21-2006, 05:42 PM
Default RE: Interior mods for a new H2

We do wood dash kits on Hummers - really big difference and easy to install. Here's a pic of one in Rosewood, as well as the color choice we currently have for the H2:

[IMG]local://upfiles/493/6B1BC75711EE4FE2A1CEBC59AE03F67E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/493/299CEEE0CD0F43CBB2A09F1D89A6B77C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-21-2006, 11:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Greenblade

does anybody have experience with interior mods for an H2 such as the dash kits available here and there?

for example, from this source:
dash kit
picture of that kit

or this one(s):
another one

those look pretty good, modled into shape. one asks for the factory pieces to be returned to them, so i assume they use them in the making process somehow??

or these, which are really inexpensive:
low cost dash kit

alternately, does anybody know anything about having a dash just completely re-done? leather and carpet are doable. i'm fairly flexible with price, but i'm going to cry like a teething child if it comes out looking like i smeared some masking tape on my truck dash.

thanks,

g

Greenblade these are better then stick ons
http://www.myhummerparts.com/index.c...edDepts=202626

Old 05-01-2006, 07:45 AM

Hey thanks guys.

those units you posted a link to, dilo, look pretty nice. I wonder if they'd look best just "down the middle". the radio/climate control section / cupholder/shift section, and rear radio section? I also wonder what the aluminum looks like. I suppose you could have them painted in whatever metal you deemed best.

ShopSAR, thanks for the heads up. But i think i'd rather spend more $$$ and get something as nice as i can get it (but, i confess, don't know what those stick-on kits look like).

I don't think i'm into wood unless its more than less black. The hummer doesn't give me a woodish kind of feeling, really.

I was also thinking about taking those central (and maybe other?) pieces to a body shop and having them painted exterior-black. like piano-black.

I'll have to kick it around for a while, but thanks again.

Old 05-07-2006, 06:27 AM

Hey,

I've been talking to this dude named Greg @ Auto Dynamics. Cool guy, he's going to do my dash. Complete front dash (5 pieces) and the rear center console for $890 plus like a $500 refundable core deposit.

http://autodynamicswest.com/index.html

Oh yeah, I'm getting the Piano Black

Old 05-14-2006, 05:54 AM

ORIGINAL: HummBob

Hey,

I've been talking to this dude named Greg @ Auto Dynamics. Cool guy, he's going to do my dash. Complete front dash (5 pieces) and the rear center console for $890 plus like a $500 refundable core deposit.

http://autodynamicswest.com/index.html

Oh yeah, I'm getting the Piano Black
you are the man. that's the nicest looking set of things i've seen to date. and taht's a really reasonable price. heck, that's not much more than i could take the pieces out, take them to a body shop, and have them painted piano black for... which is what i'd settled on.

sweet! i'm going to put an email in ASAP.

on other related notes:
www.autoleathers.com
and www.katzkin.com

katzkin offers H2 seats in their range of interesting leathers. i'm considering that as well.

Old 05-14-2006, 06:57 AM

I'm glad I could help Greenblade.

Greg has been AWESOME to deal with. I'm just waiting till my interior is done (this coming week). I don't want to put in the new dash and get it scratched or something doing the interior.

Old 05-15-2006, 12:11 AM

well, piano black will take show scratches like nothing else... i wonder if piano white would look good on my truck, or if it would be just too odd? probably too odd.

the inclusion of some metallic in the black can make a world of difference when it comes to hiding small mars in a superb finish - even if the overall color remains quite black.

Old 05-15-2006, 06:03 AM

I never thought about scratches.....Maybe they seal it with a couple layers of a clear-coat, should be able to buff out? What do ya think?

Old 05-15-2006, 11:52 PM

ORIGINAL: HummBob

I never thought about scratches.....Maybe they seal it with a couple layers of a clear-coat, should be able to buff out? What do ya think?
well i swapped a couple of emails with Greg & he offered that the finish is exterior-car in quality/type. Thus exterior car care products/buffs/etc. would be effective. On a related note, an application of something like Mothers Plastic Polish is something i've used from time to time to keep shiny black things looking good. it lends a very smooth/slippery surface quality which improves mar resistance, and on many surfaces it has nice buffing qualities (though perhaps not all, don't try this w/o testing a small inconspicuous area, greenblade is not responsible for any mishaps)

i'm sure my inside will take some bumps, but i'm going piano-black barring some brainstormingly good idea for an alternate surface. Carbon Fiber won't show mars nearly as much as piano black, because the surface is broken, which draws the eye away from the scratches/scuffs.

some of the mottled finishes he shows will also hide scuffs alot better, as would a black-stained wood that was almost black, but still not perfectly uniform

Quick Reply: Interior mods for a new H2